in no particular order...

Long time since I updated this blogeroo of mine...

So, this is what my Waldorf doll looks like!!! I'm still trying to find a name for her.
In any event, here she is!


Really loved the end result!

I just loved this picture of Cesar. It's one of the very rare ones that he lets me take without covering his face! This is Perla, his bird that we ended up finding out is a BOY... we didn't bother changing his name.


And this year, both Coco and Cesar finished their religious education for the sacraments of reconciliation and communion (Coco) and confirmation for Cesar. We are so proud of both of them! Papa Riordan was Cesar's sponsor, and we were happy to celebrate with his dad and family


I've been craving the days of summer, but we haven't gotten many, so we are making the most of each one we get. As every year, we had Megan's birthday. This year the theme was Superheroes... loved it!


This year all the boys in our block got together to rent a machine to dethach the lawns of all of them. Brian was in charge of getting the machine early in the morning. The super funny thing is, as soon as he came back, around 7, ALL the neighbors started coming out of their homes, coffee in hand, to see the machine. By the time they started this thing, around 8:30, they nearly had a party going on around that thing. What can I say, boys will be boys!

We went to Wild West town, which we love. Coco and Connor had a blast, and I have to say, Cesar was as nice as teenagers are rarely supposed to be! Seriosuly, I felt proud of him, he was helpful and didn't complain at all.


We are oh-so lucky that our good friend uncle Danny is a White Sox fan. He got Cubs tickets for a game, and Brian and I went. It was a nice date night completely out of the blue (thanks Noni, for babysitting!) and even though the game got called out because of the rain, we did have a good time. AND the Cubs won, which is very rare these days :(


Coco made this tie-dye shirt at school. I love that coco is getting all crafty, just like her mother!
My uncle Nathan made this necklace for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I never wore it before, because I didn't have any matching earings. So, I decided to go out and try to get the materials for a matching pair, and this is what I ended up with. I've been using them almost daily now! I really loved them!
And for Coco's birthday, I wanted to make her dress... It's almost like cheating, though, because I bought the fabric already smocked, but the rest of it, anyways... This year Coco decided to go for a Tea Party for her girlfriends, and then a water fight party at home for the boys. We certainly had a blast! I cannot believe she's 8 already!





And for her birthday, she wanted a Kit Kitridge American Girl doll. She has been wearing the matching outfit ever since for any "special" occasion... like feeding the birds and walking the dog.

Finally, for this edition of this long overdue update of the blogeroo, Cesar "graduated" from Jr. High School. He'll be a sophomore this August! We are very happy and very proud of this kid. The last picture is with Mr. Buck, the school principal... thanks, Mr. Buck!


Ok, I promise I'll start blogging like a decent blogger for a change!

Comments

love the update! glad that all looks good. and your doll is beautiful. i think you should name her coco. =0) happy late b-day, too. sounds like a fun day, though. and the boys!! wow! hope all is well your way and you get some NICE summery days soon!
Martha said…
Congrats to Coco and Cesar on their first communion and confirmation!
Looks like Coco had an awesome birthday. Lots of great photos for you to scrapbook!!!
Nina Diane said…
I'm so glad you finally updated! That young man of your's is certainley grown up and so handsome! And the pic with Cesar, Brian and the principal.....funny! Does Brian have his finger in Cesar's ear....hahaha.
love Coco's dress...and your doll, OMG.....I love it!!!
Ani said…
Hola tia!!
Creo que te confundiste...
Me parece que el primer año de high-school se llama 'freshmen year' pero no estoy segura... aca no nos complicamos tanto jaja.
Te quiero mucho
luzma6 said…
So much happens and we don't get to see eachother! But we do live far away from eachother so we will have to plan on meeting one of these days. I see that Cesar is so big and even taller than you. I know that Deelan will be taller than me in no time it scares me but life goes on. Take care and I enjoy seeing your space with so much creativity where do you get all that energy? Anyway take care and we need to see eachother sometime soon!
Marisa said…
Hola hermanaca:

Pues a tu monita yo le pondria grenas... Obvia la razon. Te quedo muy bien... Deberiamos poner una fabrica de munecas interpretes, jajaja. Y que se llame grenas bilingues...jajaja.

En cuanto atus hijos, ya sabes que todos preciosos y super adorados... Me da un gusto enorme ver que las cosas han "mejorado tanto" con Cesar Sr. No deja de ser una ventaja enorme...

En fin gracias por la parte que nos ha tocado compartir, ha sido muy divertido.
Cheryl Wray said…
Okay, I could barely get past the gorgeous cupcakes in your banner photo. I LOVE it!!!!! But then I got to reading this update and it was awesome...loved getting all the family news and seeing all the great pictures!

Hope you're having a good week!
Pauline said…
love the update, your kids are getting so big!
Carrie said…
What a great update! I love all of your photos. Happy Birthday Coco, my goodness they're getting big. I can relate at the difficulty of trying to take a photo of a teenage boy w/o them attempting to cover their face. Any more I feel it is a loss cause with my own son. What a cute doll! I agree with Susan, you should name her Coco. :)
Kim Watson said…
OOH! I loved reading your update so much. You are all looking as gorgeous as ever. I can't believe how grown Cesar & Coco are looking. Huge congrats on their first communion!!

Coco your birthday looked like alot of fun...if I lived closer I think I would have LOVED having my nails done too....blue I think hehehe!
Hugs to you all.
XX
Kim Watson said…
Just popped in to say HI! & that I hope you & your lovely little family are happy, well & enjoying summer!!
Hugs!
Kim
XXX
ScrapnJods0423 said…
Thanks for the update Paula, been thinking about you lots and hoping all is well. Miss chatting with you - sending hugs from Wisconsin, Jodie
Tara O said…
What absolutely FAB photos! Great fun. Love the doll!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg