Summer come soon!

The weather is actually pretty crazy around here. Saturday we had an awsome day, and then Sunday we were freezing, yet again. On Saturday Coco and I went to see Jake at his soccer game. Just too cute to see all these kids chasing the ball. Nicole tried to pay attention, but mostly she played with Leah, Jake's sister.

On Sunday, we had to get Nicole ready for her ballet recital picture. So, I read the instructions, and I start panicking. she needs to have her hair in a low ballet bun. WHAT??? WHAAAAT? Aren't buns the ones that you eat with a hotdog, ketchup and mustard??? Darn! Here I go to the internet. The art of ballet buns, reads an article. WHAT? I don't have time to learn an art, I just need to get my daughter ready!

I was really getting very antsy, since I cannot make a decent pony tail to save my life. What are we going to do??? The instructions on the internet seem pretty simple, but I don't know... Anyways, I ran to Walgreens to get a couple of hair pins, hair net, brush with those soft bristels (is that what you call the thingies???)
Brian had to go to Chicago, so Noni and Papa came over to keep an eye on Connor, and I felt sooo lucky! Noni came in to save me! Coco cried and cried and cried some more. She hated every minute of it, but she looked so adorable! I wasn't thrilled to put make up on, but that's the way the picture has to go, so be it.

After the picture, we went to Bakers Square for dinner and pie, and I got these other pics of them all.





Cesar in a picture??? Yeah, right! This is the closest I got to getting a shot of his face.
And finally, I had a chance to finish my altered items for the contest at SWG... They will announce the winners on Saturday! Let's see how I do!

Comments

great pics and love the little mini-album. really cute! good luck!
kmmiller said…
Isn't it scarey to have to do girls hair. That is why I am so glad I have a boy. LOL

She looks so pretty.

Love your altered project. Good luck in the contest. So exciting.
Bethany E. said…
You crack me up! I'm sure Nicole's hair looked beautiful...she looks beautiful! I so can't wait to put my little girl in dance lessons...I think she'll be great at it :)
Bethany E. said…
BTW: the little album is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Love seeing the things you create :)
Anonymous said…
You rock girlie!
Pauline said…
Your album is AWESOME ... and her hair looked great!
Lesli said…
I love all of the photos - it looks like you are all having a great time. The little album is awesome - great job :)
I love your altered CDs(are they cds?) The pictures of Coco are adorable and I am loving that you journaled!! The round box with the bubble top is darling!! Sweet!!!
Coco looks great! Did she have fun?!
I have 2 girls... Mackie is 5 and she refuses to have her hair ANYWAY except in a pony tail, she hates make up, nail polish and anything in her hair! BUT She's all about FASHION so I completely give up! LOL
My 3 year old, Ellie is all about the make up, lip gloss, hair accessories and nail polish! BUT she'd rather wear a shirt with a spider on it than a dress!! *I GIVE UP!* HAHAHAHA!!
Girls are fun but OH BOY they're TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad I can visit your blog again! For a long time I couldn't make any comments!
XO
Gabi
your altered item is so cool! Good job Paula. Your kids are so beautiful. Every photo, beautiful. Even with the hand over the face. Maybe you should threaten to take photos when he's sleeping if he won't cooperate. But, I'm evil. :)
Tara O said…
Your blog is gorgeous Paula-I'm jealous. LOL!! I loved the pictures you shared and the altered item is gorgeous
Wow my friend you sure have a HUGE blog following!! 10 comments on this one alone!! I'm a pitance to you anymore....roflmao.

Anywho, nice work on the tag album, I can't wait to see it in person (you better show me!!) Glad to hear all turned out well for Coco and her hair, I guess it's awesome I have boys because I'd be clueless to on that! All I need to do is buzz their heads and call it a day!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg