Block party 08

I cannot believe the Block party came around so soon! We had a very nice time with new neighbors... These are Maddy's parents, Sean and Linda, and her big brother Steve. Maddy is Coco's BFF. They are always spending the night over, either here or their home. They are a nice family, we're really happy to have them as our new friends.

And of course, the bike race... we really need to get Coco to use the bike without the back wheels. She was a little too big for the tricycle!

We had our Republican Senator, Chris Lauzen, come and visit. He was so impressed to meet Cesar, he extended an invitation for him to come and visit him to the senate in Springfield. Cesar wants to organize other kids and families in the neighborhood to go as well...


And of course, we had our local heros, the firemen. This fireman, Mike, told me my face was familiar, and I told him that one time, as I was pregnant with Connor, they had to come and get me from my bed, down the stairs and to the hospital in an ambulance. He said, "well, we get so many calls through the year, I can't be sure if I was there". So, I told him, "all I can remember is that I was so very mortified because the house was a mess and I was asking Brian to clean up a little so that they wouldn't see the mess"... and he said, "oh, yes! I do remember you!". Turns out, there are not many freaky ladies like that in town!
Thanks, Mike!

And these are the best block party organizers in the world, Mike and Maria!
AS for me? Well, I usually do not drink, but Mike and Nicole prepared this Margarita for me... and I was THE ONLY person that got an actual GLASS... so I could not turn it down :) Mike used Tequila and Mezcal, though, so I did not go for a refill!

On Sunday, my sister came over to visit with her hubby. Steve seldonly has a chance to come over, so it was great to have them over together! Brian made a killer steak, we had a good time.



Now, do you see my sister here? She's such a doll. She's always perfectly accesorized, and everything matches perfectly. She never has a whole in her sock ;) or her hair undone, and you'll never catch her without earrings. I, on the other hand, was (and still am) a little more on the not-so-well-groomed side of things, to my mom's everlasting regret. If for some reason I do remember to wear my jewelry (usually to go work in court), I won't change it in weeks, because I forget to take it off. I usually get the fluffy thing in the shower stuck in my earrings, necklace and bracelet, but I just forget all over again. I wear the same pair of shoes all summer long (again, unless I have court), and the next summer, and the next one too, until they just fall apart (these are actually the ones I bought last year after my last pair fell apart)
But my dear sister still holds this child-like hope that one day I will become a decent woman that cares about her appearance a little bit more than just for birthdays and Christmas, and for my birthday, she got me these puppies (now I REALLY need a pedicure!):

Now, since my sister's b-day is just one day before mine (On June 25 we are the same age, then the following day I'm officially a year older), and since I didn't get any presents for her b-day, I guess that makes me a not-well-matched AND cheap sister!!! (Happy B-day, my dear, fool of a believer sister!)

Right after my sister left, Noni and Papa came by. We just love our Noni and our Papa!

A few days ago, Noni came to visit. She came in with a 12 x 12 box under her arm. That can only mean one thing: Scrapbooking goodies!!!! She told me she had been watching HSN, so she got this for me:
And it wasn't even my birthday present! I'll have to insist with Papa to get some more channels in their cable service... I'll bet that'll be cheaper! Thanks, Noni!

Comments

Martha said…
I wish I lived on your block! Looks like so much fun... Your sister IS so stylish!
kmmiller said…
I love your stories. The block party looked fun. and that drink looked so yummy. I giggle because I am just like you when it comes to accesorizing. I also giggled when I saw the shoes your sis bought. I would fall flat on my face if I tried to walk in them. I really need to get me a Noni. I would love that gift. LOL I am so jealous.
Kim Watson said…
WONDERFUL! photo's...your life is filled with such adorable people....& friends definitely add a special dimension to life don't they.

Your neighborhood looks like it is out of a movie..I WANNA live there too :o(

How could the fire man NOT remember a honey like you??? in an ambulance you say...WOW! what drama. Great story to be able to tell.
**Hugs**
KJ
XX
Anonymous said…
Block party sounds like fun! Great pics!

You are too into your family and life to worry about such mundane things as accessories! Stay that way!

Jax
Nina Diane said…
oh my......that block party looks like so much fun! We used to have those in our neighborhood.....now all of the kids are grown, people have moved away and it's just not as much fun anymore. Our association is going to try and have a picnic this September.....so we'll see how the turn out will be!
i got that recently too...

the shoes are really cute, but i'm like you i really don't really care about all that on a day to day basis.

the block party looks like it was a blast...funny story about the messy house. i wish we had parties like that!
Secundino said…
Aaaaajajaja se ve mi prima como el monito que salía bien bien grandote y apachurrado en un vochito!!! ajajajaja nomás no la acarrillo porque no me llevo con ella! ajajaja

Oye pero... naaah bueeeeno sabe cómo serán los políticos allá. Si es que son todos invariablemente corruptos... ps qué miedo, no?

Y se me hace que has de ser Zavala, o mínimo pariente de mi mamá... digo, por lo del tiradero... ajajajaja Y los causantes del tiradero se me hace que también hemos de ser parientes.

Y sí, nos platicaba un día mi tía María Luisa de las fachas y eso... de cuando eran chiquillas todas... y en eso me parezco a ti.
Lesli said…
How fun! We have a block party on our street about once every other year! You are going to love the big bite.
Kim Watson said…
I thought I'd just say hi! I saw you were just on my blog & I have no way to chat to you, so HI! I hope you are having a super weekend?

Do you chat anywhere? Like skype or gmail (you have to have a gmail address with them), msn?
Let me know OK!
XXX
Anonymous said…
Everything looked like such a great time! Love all your photos.
Your kids are getting bigger all the time. Time sure flies...
Nice gift you have there... Its always more meaningful to get a gift when you are not expecting it!
ScrapnJods0423 said…
The block party looks like so much fun and that Margarita is making my water here at work. Your sister is adorable, but I would never say that you are not well kept.
Hugs, Jodie

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High