Finally back!

I don't know where in tarnation has time gone. I cannot believe that it's been more than two months since I posted anything. We've just been busy with life, I guess. But, in any event, and in no particular order, a few shots of what we have been up to lately...

This picture was actually taken tonight at Coco's school (Lakewood Creek Elementary) at their Math Madness night. Connor found the books in the library and asked Brian to read to him. I LOVE the Berenstain Bears!



This was two nights ago. Connor was on the stairs and Brian and I were getting pajamas for the kids, when we heard "THUD, PATOOM!" and the scream... We ran to the stairs and he was in the landing, saying that he has a boo-boo on his head. That's always a scary thing to hear. Coco fell on her head when she was 8 months old, and she ended up with a fractured skull... so we were really nervous. But thankfully just a little bit of ice did the trick! Coco wasn't making fun of him, she was just getting her shoes and jacket off!


I was telling Brian a few weeks ago that i wanted a Waldorf Doll for my birthday. I don't know why, I just have been really "craving" a girly, handmade doll. But when I saw how expensive they can be (on etsy, the ones I really LOVED were over 100 bucks!), I decided I was just going to make myself one. So, I found this website and decided to make my own (because I really have NOTHING else to do!). I started yesterday, and I'm hoping to finish this weekend, including some clothes for it... Hope it'll be pretty!


I cannot believe that they are adding to our school (Lakewood Creek) AGAIN! It'll end up being huge by the time Connor gets to go. Coco got lost once already!


Last Sunday, I asked Brian to stop by the store and pick up something he would like for me to cook. But could he do that??? NO!!!! He actually picked up something HE could cook, and called me to the table when it was served!!! Now, how about that for service? It was DELICIOUS!


And a few days ago, the weather wasn't too bad, so we took the opportunity to go to the park and play soccer with Diggy boy, and play on the swings with Maddie and Steven.




And these are a few of the purchases of late... the dinerwear was TOTALLY a bargain! 29 bucks for a service for 6, plus two serving bowls and salt and pepper shakers!
Did I mention before that we are getting more involved with politics in our community? This is a small prayer service we held outside the office of Kay Hatcher. We are hoping that the FOCA doesn't pass the floor in our state senate, so we went to deliver all the signatures we had collected... and we have more signs on our yard, as our good friend Andy Kaczmarek is running for Montgomery Trustee
I am also organizing the TEA party along with other ladies in Naperville on April 15 at 12 noon... I am praying we have a good turn out!


And finally, a picture of my good friend Tracie's birthday party! It was a GREAT party at our favorite pizza place, Aurelio's. All four of us in this picture have become friends after meeting online. Isn't it great? I so hope that one day I will have the opportunity to meet in person EVERY single one of my online friends... especially all of my bloggy friends!
And that's about all for now!

Comments

Martha said…
Awesome update, Paula! I missed you...first of all, I'm so glad you're getting involved politically and went to a TEA party. My sister and her family did...there's another one April 15th. I'd love to go.

How cool that you met up with online-friends! I got to meet one friend two weeks ago on a trip to Chicago.

I want to see the finished Waldorf doll. That sounds cool!

Please pray for us...we were in a car accident yesterday. The girls and I are okay (Rob was at work), but scared. The guy what riding a motorcycle and is in the hospital. I am praying for him.
Nina Diane said…
oh yeah......Paula is back from blogvacation!
great pics
glad to hear the update and see all the pics. looking fab, girl! and i can't wait to see the doll! they are very sweet dolls. hope it's all well your way!
Kim Watson said…
Hiya sweet friend! I've missed you like crazy! It is so great to see photos of all your sweet faces again & to catch up on all your news.
Please post pic's of your doll when you are done with her.
HUGE hug coming your way!
XX
Lissa Ballard said…
I have missed you sugar! Loved the update, the photos are wonderful. Poor Connor... I do hope his little boo-boo is all healed by now.

The pics of Tracie's Birthday party look awesome! Please give her a belated birthday hug for me next time you see her!

Check out my blog for an award I'd like to give you!

Much love, joy and peace today from my family to yours...

Easter blessings,
Lissa
Lesli said…
Glad to see your back - it's always nice to have an update. Isn't it amazing how crazy busy life can become when we have children?

Glad to know all is well!
Doug Bagley said…
Cute family. I wanted to attend a local tea party here but had to work. From what I could tell from the news the tea parties turned out well.
Kara Ward said…
Been missing you! Hope all is well and you are making some wonderful things!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High