About birds and TEA

Before I start my update... I just had to take a picture of Connor. He is such a BOY!!! I think boys are programmed to be goofy... If you have a boy, I'm sure you have found these kids of scenes, pretty much daily!


Anyways, this Good Friday I participated in The Way of the Cross celebrated at 3 pm in front of the Planned Parenthood clinic we have in Aurora. I was so glad to see such a large group, it kept growing as the minutes went by. It was pretty cold, and as usual, I was not wearing a sweater or jacket, but it was well worth it. We prayed for the babies being killed, for their mothers and for the doctors and nurses that assist them. May God help them all.


As I did this, Noni came to take the kids to decorate eggs. We did decorate some at home on Saturday, too, but Noni's were a lot more dramatic, especially the one with all those feathers!


Coco and Connor found some presents from the Bunny on Sunday morning. After church, we went to Noni and Papa's to celebrate with our family. Uncle Mike made the BEST shish kebabs ever!!! Everything was really delicious, and it was good to see our loved ones.


Then we come to the 15th of April... our TEA parties!!! We had a very nice response for our Naperville, IL TEA party. It was so nice to see people that think alike. Helps you feel a little bit of hope (REAL HOPE! How sad that these beautiful words have been assaulted and deformed!)


Of course, there's always the nutcase that shows up to counter protest... like they don't have MSNBC, CNN and all the other networks to do that!


In the evening, we went to the Oswego TEA party, where our state senator Chris Lauzen was one of the speakers. I loved that Cesar was able to go with me, and he helped his brother hold his sign. We like for them to get involved as early as possible!



This picture was taken last Friday... about the last decent day we had! I LOVE this family that by now feels like our own. They are such good people!

On Saturday, we went to celebrate my sister Marisa's 36th birthday. She and Hilda decided to take our kids for the weekend as a "b-day present to Marisa" (WHAAAAT????) That was very nice, but I still cannot understand why was my sister so intended on torturing herself!
It was a little bit funny that Brian and I just didn't even know what to do. We went "window shopping" to Menards, and went to see new homes... it was just odd not to have to be scolding kids for a change! (THANK YOU HILDA AND MARISA!!!!)


AND NOW, THE STORY OF THE BIRD (S):
Last Thursday, Cesar came back from track practice with a shoebox. I was coming down the stairs talking to my friend Eliza when I saw that he had a parakeet in his hands. I told my friend I had to go to buy a cage and hung up the phone. Cesar explained that he found the bird at the field, it was hurt and couldn't fly, so can we please keep it, pleeeeeaaaaaazzzzzeeeee???
Of course, I'm a total push-over so I said yes, and let's go to Petco and buy a cage and food. So here comes the whole family to get the cage, and food, and toys, and the bone for the beak, and the little branches of some sort-of-herb that they oh-so-need for their digestive system... you know how it goes. So, a couple of dollars more than we expected to spend, we get back home. We chose a name for the bird (female) on the way back, and Nina takes an official family pet status by consensus. We place the cage on top of a black table, Coco and Cesar decorate it and get it all ready. Cesar reaches out for the shoebox... and finds that Nina is now DEAD.
Oh, the humanity! Nicole was inconsolable, so, push-over as ever, I tell Brian, please take her back and get a bird NOW! And as he leaves with Coco in tow, I yell: maybe two, for company!
(the picture of Cesar kissing the bird shows NINA, R.I.P.) So now, Peach and Perla fill our days with songs. With a LOT of songs. This morning, Coco was telling me, "I think they are a little too loud, mom. Do you think we can take them to the garage while we watch Franklin???"
Oh, the joys of parenthood!

Comments

Pauline said…
Love to see you blogging again. Love the food pic makes me want to break out the bbq pit and get busy as we are having 90 degree days here ...
Great pics!! Hey, you won something on my blog...head over there :)
Nina Diane said…
wait....my name's Nina!
love the pics Paula and love hearing from you. Our tea party in Richmond, VA was PACKED.....in the rain but PACKED!!
Martha said…
Bravo to you for your prayers for the aborted babies! AND the tea party looks great...LOVE those signs!!! Your family is awesome!
still waiting on the finished doll pics!! ;0)

sad story about the bird!=0( but glad to hear that you got more. i know how the kids can be...we had to put down my second cat a couple of weeks ago. not good. anyways...i had 5 parakeets in middle school and OMIGOODNESS they can get loud, 2 should be a nice quieter number. hope it's warming up there nicely. we're expecting 90s this weekend. eek!
Lesli said…
Wow Paula - where do you find the time to do everything that you do. I am always impressed by your will to stand behind your convictions and do something about it! Have a super day!
Secundino said…
Aaaa neta! Ora que me acuerdo! Che Marisa! Ni se despidió! Se pasó de lanza!
Kim Watson said…
Great to see you blogging again friend! I LOVED all the news & fabulous photos, your little brood is looking as beautiful as ever.

Good on ya for standing up for what is just & true.
HUGE HUGS for you all! (now go hug them please!!!! :o) :o)
XX
luzma6 said…
I enjoyed catching up with everything you guys have been doing! The birds are so cute but yes they tend to get loud. So great Cesar is allowing you to take more pics of him and that everyone is doing so well. I actually got to see Marisa in person yesterday. At Long Last I got to see her since she got here! I had a great time! We were talking and talking and the time flew by! We need to get together soon. It's hard because we don't all keep in touch and we all have different schedules but where there is a will there is a way. I remember one time we all got together at a China Buffett and I know Marisa Loves those places as so do I. I think this month is going to be kind of hard since I have something going on almost every weekend but no excuses. We need to remember those times when we all use to get together. Love you lots Paulita! Sending hugs and kisses to the little ones and tell Brian to keep up the good work. I'm very happy to see you happy! ;)
Kim Watson said…
Popped in to send you a hug & to say have a super day!!
XXXX

Popular posts from this blog

A Li'l soMeThiNg