Oh, the Joys!

Before going to bed, I like to watch a little cartoon with Coco and Connor. It was so nice that tonight we were all able to just sit and cuddle (daddy wasn't working, Cesar wasn't in his bedroom!) and watch Scooby Dooby Doo together. I just felt it was one of those moments when we were all relaxed, talking and mimicking the voices of Shaggy and Scooby, and Connor of course had to sing the theme song for us.


And this is what my neighbor's backyard looked like on Thursday and Friday. Well, it actually still looks pretty much like that! Today was actually a little bit warmer, but we still have loads of snow. A bit annoying by now...

This is just one of those things that remind me of the incredible family the Sweet Lord was kind enough to help me find. Each season, Noni gets a little something for the kids (place mats, cups, straws). But EVERY TIME she gets something for our kids, she also gets an identical item for my ex-husband's daughter, Cesar's sister Sarah. I really, REALLY am so blessed that my family embraces me and my first born as their own. With Brian, very little people even know that Cesar is not his "natural" son. He doesn't believe in the "step" tag. This little present reminds me of one of my many, many blessings.

Since the kids have been housebound for a few days, I just had to give in and get some Play Dough for them to have something to do. Connor was SOOOO excited! He has been playing every day, and I have to say, I am very impressed. he has been so clean and neat about it!


And last Thursday, I banged the big toe on my right foot sooo badly, I thought I had broken it. I went to the Urgent Care Clinic (I discovered we have one down the street, about 3 or 4 miles away, YAY!!!) and they said it is not broken, but pretty badly bruised. I'm going for a follow up on Saturday, because it still hurts a little... The only good thing was having Coco taking care of me. She insisted on fixing me some lunch. We had some left over instant soup from Cesar's days of no eating anything but soft foods, so she brought me a cup, along with a glass of milk (half full, since she couldn't find a tray to bring the food), dessert (two Oreo cookies), a "cup" of water (that is the cup we use for brushing our teeth in by bathroom) and even a candle holder with a poinsettia for decoration. Oh, and of course, Static Guard, since I was soooo electric. How neat is that? Better than any professional Nurse, if you ask me!

And I had a batch of "friendship Amish bread" (you know, that dough that a friend gives you in a zip bag), and I had to give it a try this time. So, on Saturday I went ahead to make banana nut and chocolate chip bread. And who better to help me than my chef assistant??? Connor came to my rescue! The bread was pretty good. The banana nut was a total hit... the chocolate chip was not as good, although our young neighbor Steven loved it, and kept eating and eating it (thankfully!)



And since I had the kids sleep over, Coco, Maddie and I kept doing crafts all Sunday long. They really had a blast, and so did I. I specially loved the puppets by Martha Stewart, they were on sale at Walmart for 75 cents each!

Actually, maybe Steven did have a little too much chocolate chip bread, as today he just couldn't go to school. He had a sick tummy. Or maybe we gave him our cooties, who knows. In any event, he came to spend the day with Brian and I... for a little bit, anyways! I had to go to work, so he stayed with my BORING husband - NOT!!!
This is the place where I worked today. It is the "old" Kane County courthouse in Geneva, IL. I love that place, although I had to work with a very rude attorney... not my favorite one for sure. Tomorrow I have a job I really am not looking forward to do. I have to translate for a patient in his last two weeks of life. He is dying of cancer... I just know it will be a tough job. I'll have to pray to the Good Lord that I can be an instrument for this man.

Lots of hugs and blessings to you and your loved ones!

Comments

Nina Diane said…
Hey there!
I love the pic of the family watching Scooby together.....isn't that just great!
and what a sweet nurse you had. I'm still sick, please send her to me :)
Ugh, I broke my big toe in 2 spots last summer and it looked just like yours!! I feel your pain girl!!!! Hope you heal up quick :)
OUCH! You poor thing. That looks down right painful. So sweet of Coco.
Scooby Doo was a fav if Lu's. After dinner every night he had to move the furniture and sing the whole song and of course dance. He wouldn't stop until we were all dancing. So funny. Thanks for the memory.
Good luck translating. That would break my heart.
Martha said…
Loved this post...watching Scooby Doo together, the bit about Cesar, your toe, etc. Hope you feel all better soon!!!
Kim Watson said…
I LOVE love all the photo's. Sorry about your toe...it looks bad & sore. I have done that a couple of times myself...& it's not fun. With a cute little nurse like you have looking after you, you'll be up and about in no time :o) :o)

Hugs!
XXX
Carrie said…
Awww, evenings like that have to be some of the very best! Your pictures always make me smile. :)
Man lady, your foot though. Major ouch! I sure hope you're feeling better now, sounds like you're under fantastic care though.
Cheryl Wray said…
Awesome, awesome pictures!!
Good luck on your next assignment. I can only imagine how tough that will be.
Lesli said…
Great photo - I loved Scooby Doo!!! Believe it or not - I did the same thing to my toe (not fun!) Glad to know life is going well!
Anonymous said…
Hola flaca;
Tengo a mi ma a un lado y venimos a visitar tu blog. Te manda saludos y dice que te cuides el pie pa que no metas la pata.

Besotes de ella y míos.

Yo mera.
hey woman! i hope that you are doing well and your poor toe has healed. i know it hurts,that's about what mine look like when i broke mine. are you guys still snowed in?? ;0) we're in the 70s tomorrow and wednesday after snow last week.
Kara Ward said…
I coming to your house to play in the snow...I love it! kara
Nina Diane said…
girlfriend.....do you realize it's Feb 12th???
and when do you plan on updating this blog???

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High