It's been busy around here!

Wow! I remember as a girl thinking that Christmas felt like an eternity; a school year was like TWO eternities. I cannot believe how our perception of time changes as we grow into adulthood. It's been so busy around here, it seems like a blink of an eye, and it's Christmas time again.
In any event, this is what our home life has been looking like. Lots of home cooking, and more and more Coco and Connor want to help (of course, Cesar does, too, but he doesn't like to wear the hat and apron). Since Connor didn't have a chef hat, we had to make do with this summer one, and a napkin for his apron...

And just like every year, I love to put up our tree the Sunday right after Thanksgiving. Noni and Papa come over with new ornaments for the kids, and help us decorate the tree (we do everything else before they come). I always cook salmon, and Noni always says "This must be great salmon, because I'm eating it!". Funny that I never remember that she isn't a big fun of salmon, and funny that she doesn't remember she always tells me the same thing ;) My in laws are really awesome. After dinner, we watch a Christmas movie (this year it was Rudolph the red nose reindeer) and then Noni and Papa leave. I LOVE that little tradition of ours. And to make it better, this year it coincided with our 7th anniversary. It was also my parents' 40th anniversary. I was pretty sad that Icouldn't be there with them to celebrate, but they had a nice party in their backyard. How can that be fair??? We are freezing here, and they have a party in their backyard...
Anyways, we always set our nativity scene... I'm wondering how long will this one last before Connor starts playing with it. When Coco was his age, she used to put them all to sleep, and even cover them with towels and napkins.

I'm so happy that I finally bought a tea pot. I know how silly this must sound, but I've always wanted one, and I don't know why I never bought one before (duh!). I just love to make my coffee here. This is one of those little things that make me happy, go figure.

The other thing that makes me so happy, is that I got my new sewing machine. My old one broke just about 12 inches before I finished my Christmas quilt, and I couldn't wait to get a new one. The only problem is, I have never used a computerized one before. This is a pretty simple one, nothing fancy, but I learned how to sew in the old machines, and I am terrified to even start trying this one...Does anyone know of a good tutorial? (Kim, can you help???)
I've also been pretty crafty lately. I am almost done with my Christmas cards (very simple, really nothing fancy!)


And since last year I wanted to make this advent calendar... I really loved the way it came out!



Now, this LO was supposed to be for a challenge on my good friend Kim's blog, due back like on the 24th of November... but I didn't get to finish until a lot later, but I figured I still would post it so she would see I had all the intention to participate... You should go there and visit, and participate, too! She's an AWESOME designer, she gets published everywhere, and she's just sweet and kind!

And, since I'm already at it... A shout out for my friend Kim!!! Last Friday I got happy mail! I LOVE getting happy mail when I least expect it! The week of Cesar's operation (nothing major, just the tonsils) we had a rough week because of the pain, he couldn't do much, so it was just so nice to open my mail and find this from Kim... those ribbons and flowers look soooo good, I could EAT them!!! 9isn't she awesome??) Loved her card... she's had such kind words for me!!
OK, my friends, I think that's it for today! Lots of hugs to all, and thanks for visiting!

Comments

Nina Diane said…
wow.....great to see a post from you!! haha....love the pics.
That's one awesome sewing machine there. Can't wait to see the pics of the Christmas quilt.
happy to hear everyone is doing well.....and I'm like you, I just love all of the little Christmas traditions!
Carrie said…
Oh goodness, I definitely know what you mean by how our perception of time changes as we age. I often wonder if it was because I complained so much as a child that everything just took too long. Maybe I'd be more content if my kids just didn't grow quite so fast.

*giggles* Connor's make-shift apron and chef's hat are adorable.

Your tree is beautiful! How neat that Grandparents come with ornaments for the kids.

LOL @ putting everyone in the nativity to sleep with a napkin, she didn't want them to get cold. It was chilly that night, ya know? ;)

Congrats on the new sewing machine. How exciting!

Your Christmas cards, and advent calendar are adorable!
Lesli said…
Oh My Paula - you have been busy! I love your cards - I haven't had much creative time! Maybe son!
awwww, good stuff, paula...as always!

lucky to have family near you to have traditions like that. i'm jealous. since we were military for 13 years and then stayed up here instead of moving back home, my kids don't have any of that...such a bummer.

congrats on the new sewing machine! can't wait to see the finished quilt.

love your lo of b...he's quite the catch;0) and, of course, the Christmas card...hope to get mine out next week.

and your advent calendar is adorable!!! i say that i'm going to do one every year and i haven't yet. yours though is probably the cutest that i've seen!
Kim Watson said…
My sweet friend...I absolutely LOVE that advent calendar & your Christmas cards...you have been busy!!
And your tree is amazing...it looks so festive & fun...we are yet to put ours up...maybe next weekend when Cass comes....hopefully I'll get some decent photo's this year...last years ones were nasty.

Your sweet family is looking as cute as ever...I loved their cooking outfits. Max loves baking with me too...he is actually quite good :o)
Maybe I'll get him to bake the Christmas cookies this year hahaha!
Hugs to you all.
XXXXX
Martha said…
Your advent calendar is AWESOME...so are your Christmas cards! Oh, I just wrote on my blog today and was going to share a pic of the Christmas cards I've made so far, too!
You are such a showoff! Look at those Christmas cards! Love how you added the type. And then the advent calander...........show off....nothing but a showoff.

I love the photo of Ceasar (spelled that wrong didn't I?) and Conner hanging an ornament. So sweet.
Cheryl Wray said…
WOW!!! Look at all of that fun Christmas stuff going on in your house!

I just love that card and your Advent countdown is awesome!!! Just great stuff!

And you're right...time just flies by as you get older. But I'm still glad it's Christmastime! :-)
Kara Ward said…
I want your calendar. It is so beautiful. So much neat stuff on your blog. It always makes my day. Kara
Kim Watson said…
I love your new header hun...it is so festive!!

Have a super Saturday!!
XXXXXXX
Anonymous said…
Hola Paulita!

Loved the Christmas Card! They look amazing! I keep putting off on sending out cards and they are not as nice and thoughtful as yours but let see when I get to ship them out! That advent calendar is amazing is so beautiful. I like it a lot! Sewing machine! Wow! You know my mom has one that is similar to the one my grandma used to have. but this one you still have to plug in?! Anywho...how about this weather? it is horrible! I had to walk like a turtle to the train station so i don't slip and fall flat on my butt. At my old age those falls don't heal easily. I love the tradition of the ornaments. Deelan's dad used to buy him one each year until he had his 2 daughters but oh well I continue to get ornaments each year. Before you know it I'll run out of tree. lol I hope you have a great and Happy Holiday Season and hopefully we get to see eachother soon! In the mean time lots of hugs and kisses!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High