Can we do it all over again???

This is really the most wonderful time of the year. From Thanksgiving on, we get so busy preparing for Christmas. We also celebrate Connor's birthday this month. It was very cute to have him blowing his candle (or trying, anyways!). But even cuter is that every other day, he will come over to my scrap room carrying two candles, asking me if we can have his birthday again. So, we go and lit the candles, and sing the "Happy Birthday" song for him. He gets so excited, even if he doesn't get toys every time.

We went to see Santa, of course. There is a small zoo in a town nearby that has a beautiful display of lights. You can drive around to see the lights, and then you can go in and see Santa. Connor was thrilled, but I'm not sure about Coco... I think she was very concerned that she didn't know what to ask Santa for Christmas; she was really mortified. We had to explain that Santa is a real expert in little girls and he would know just what would make her happy.


We also went downtown Chicago to get the kids to see the window displays. I had not done that in quite a while, and it was really the first time we took the kids. Connor was actually not that thrilled. He was downright scared of several of the windows at Macy's. We all loved the manger at Daley Plaza. I was very surprised. It surprises me even more that as of today, nobody has spray painted it, in any other way defaced it, or gone berserk because it offends some religious, gender oriented or animal right group. That alone is like a miracle in itself.

On Christmas eve, the kids baked some cookies with daddy. Now, I was still very busy wrapping some presents for our relatives, so good old store bought dough had to do. We've heard Santa doesn't really mind, as long as there's a glass of milk to wash them down.


Coco was an angel for the vigil mass. She looked adorable!

We came back home to prepare the cookies and milk, and the oatmeal for the reindeer. We usually get carrots for the reindeer, since it seems more healthy, but we ran out of them. Coco even colored a picture of a reindeer to decorate the table, but she made sure that Santa knew he couldn't take it, since she really liked it so much. Santa ended up writing a nice little thank you note on the picture itself. I love taking pictures of that very Holly Night, when all is really calm and silent. It is just magical and mystical. I really, really love this night when our Savior was born.

That Santa is just so kind! Of course, he knew exactly what to get everyone in the house, but I think the happiest of all was Cesar. Santa is very nice and decided he has been showing character and responsibility enough to handle a cell phone (FINALLY!). Cesar was soooo happy, he even let me take a couple of shots of him and the kids both at home and at Noni's, where we went to celebrate. This year I made the ham... but I'm pretty sure it was a little bit of a letdown. Cesar got in the car after dinner, and he said, "I think Noni is loosing her touch a little bit. That ham was kind of dry". I said "Oh, I made the ham, honey". Of course, smart as he is, he said "Oh, you know what I'm realizing? I think I put gravy on it instead of glaze!!! That's what it was!!!". You have to adore this boy.


And even though we had a white Christmas, and had snow to share, that is now gone :( In true Chicago fasion, we went from 0 to 60 within hours, and had all sorts of rain, so all we have left is these pictures...
So, how about you? I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and I hope that the New Year brings blessings to you and your loved ones. Now, we get ready to celebrate the Epiphany and the Three Wise Men on January 6. In the Mexican tradition, they will bring toys to the kids in celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
I hope you have a beautiful rest of the season! Lots of hugs!

Comments

Nina Diane said…
Hey Paula! Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas.....and the ham looked good! What a sweet Cesar! hugs....Nina
Secundino said…
aaahahaha agüebo! esque se siente bien gacho cuando en la tardecita uno ya ve que ya su cumpleaños ya se va terminando... quisiera uno tener varios ajajaja

aaah y FELICIDADES!!!! ñ_ñ se acordaran de su familia mexicanilla y naca! y la visitaran! estaría de 10!

otra vez felicidades, y nos vemos luego :)
Martha said…
What beautiful photos! Happy 3rd birthday. How sweet that he liked being sung to and blowing his candles out! I love your Christmas china...your table looks stunning. Sounds like you had a great time with family, even if the ham wasn't "perfect." ;)
L@ said…
Hola hermano!!!

Qué bueno que ya subiste algo nuevo :D Es como un poco triste entrar y ver la misma entrada todo el mes :S jajajaja!!!

Y que bueno que se pasaron muy bien la navidad. Ojalá en algún futuro cercano nos toque pasar la navidad en familia (Zavala-Ayala y derivadas) por acá como antes... extraño esas navidades...

En fin, las cosas cambian...

Bueno, pues antes que me de por ponerme filosófica... FELIZ NAVIDAD HERMANO!!!!! BESOS, SALUDOS Y ABRAZOS A LOS ENANOS Y AL CUÑIS :D

Y ya no seas resongona, que te vas a arrugar más pronto :P

Y FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!



Por lo menos que venga menos jodido, jajaja! ;) :D
i'm so with you my friend. it's come and gone so quickly! i'm loving all the pics! happy late b-day to c. little dude (here) will be celebrating in a couple of weeks and i'm not liking it at all!! we've had warmer weather since before Christmas...now it's back to freezing. really weird. hope that your new year is wonderful, too!!
kmmiller said…
Glad you and your family had a great holiday. I love all your pictures. thanks for sharing.
Lesli said…
Wow Paula - you sure have been busy. The photos are absolutely wonderful and you can see joy and happiness in the little ones eyes! I wish the best New Year!!!
Carrie said…
Awww your photos are just wonderful! The picture of Connor blowing out is candle is just so funny, and beyond precious! Happy 3rd brithday!
Instant oatmeal for the reindeer, I would have never thought to do that. I bet those reindeer tire of carrots. LOL @ gravy on the ham instead of glaze. You got a good kid there. ;)

Wishing you and your family all the best in 2009, Happy New Year!
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. And I love how your son want's to blow out his candles over and over again! My daughter's birthday is just after Christmas, then my son's a month after that. We have presents for 2 months! (I don't think I planned that very well!)
Kim Watson said…
Hi friend! Sorry I have been MIA! I have missed all your news so much...I am about to read ALL your latest posts, so expect a ton of comments girl!!

Your Christmas looked like a real family affair, beautiful table settings, yummy looking food...you are such a great home maker you know!!

A very happy (belated) 3rd birthday to Connor. Give him a HUGE hug from us all will ya!
I hope it isn't too cold there.
Keep warm.
Mwaah!!!
x

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High