Happy birthday, Cesar!

My dad called Cesar today to say happy birthday, and I couldn't put it in better words: May you grow in wisdom, faith and in the grace of God, Cesar. We love you dearly! 14 years old today. Each time more challenging, each time closer to becoming a young man. So scary, yet so promising.




















Coco's first "formal" game was last Saturday. She was in paradise, although she was a bit dissapointed that "somebody" kicked her leg... We had to tell her it is all part of the game! She also wanted everyone to pay attention to her game 100% of the time, and Connor would just not obligue...


















Connor got this little number at the baby sitter... it wouldn't be Connor without a scar, what can I say. His hair is looking more than Shaggy, but I DREAD the day i have to take him for a haircut... We'll hold out as long as we can. Or maybe I'll just shave him as he sleeps.






Also last weekend I went on a 3 day scrapbooking "retreat" at a Hampton Inn close to home (5 miles or less), but I forgot to take my camera!!! Such a shame! We had a blast, but I'll have to wait for someone to share their pix with me!
Finally , please, please take the time to go visit this blog: Silent Auction For Carol. This is one of those stories that make your heart feel heavy to hear such suffering, but light to see such response. Maybe you'll find something cute and you'll be able to help, too!
God bless you, my friend!

Comments

Kim Watson said…
'Happy birthday' Cesar! 14 WOW! I hope you had a blast!

Paula...your action shot of Cocoa is classic...she is really into it isn't she :o) Hope her leg is OK after being kicked!
Connor...you have gotten more 'owies' in your short life than anyone I know...OUCH! I put a DVD on & sit Max on the coffee table to cut his hair...he wriggles a bit but tends to just let me do it. Afterward there is always a small treat as reward...his fav is sour worms (his Mama's too :o)

So how is the gumball rationing going???? hahaha! I still can't help giggling at that post you did about it.
And I am so glad your retreat went well...I thought about you the whole time. Please post pics as soon as you get some OK!
I went over to the blog you mentioned....oh boy! that is one of the saddest stories ever. I wonder if they will accept things to add to their auction?
Huge *hugs* to you all!
XXXXX
Cheryl Wray said…
Happy Birthday to Cesar!!!! The teen years are a challenge...but I am getting so much joy out of them as well (my oldest dd is 16!).

And I just LOVE all the pictures!!!! They are awesome!!!
happy b-day and...love the pics.

we have our first games saturday, and both g and k are at the same time, i think. UGH!
Martha said…
Is that flan? Looks scrumptious for sure! I bet Cesar enjoyed it...did you make it?

Fabulous photos of Coco playing soccer, she looks like she's really "into" it. I should really get my girls into soccer (and field hockey, similar), I loved it as a kid.
Great pictures! Happy belated birthday to Cesar...why didn't I know this?!

I had a great time at the retreat too! You and your sister are such a hoot!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High