Connor's hair was getting completely out of control. I do not like it when he starts getting this DUCK tail at the back of his neck; that pretty much tells us it's time to cut it. But we DREAD taking him to the stylist. Our good friend Maria cuts our family's hair, but when it comes to Connor, he's just too difficult. So we started taking him to Cutz 4 Kidz (you know, those places with DVD player and bubble makers, and what-have-you-not?), but same thing. He would scream, cry, and try his best to get away from the airplane. So, Anne Victory, his new babysitter, told me last week that she was taking her kids, in case we would like her to cut his hair, too. YES! And of course, did he cry like crazy? No! Did he kick and scream and not let them cut it??? NO!!! I swear, this kid is just soooo good with ANYONE but his MOM! But this was the end result, isn't he cute?



Noni and Papa came back from Mexico, and of course, my parents sent us a few presents: A BEAUTIFUL cross for my collection. This is made with a thorn that grows in a tree in Mexico, which bears thorns in the shape of a cross. It is the only tree in the country with such thorns, located in Queretaro, in an ancient monastery. Legend has it that a friar planted his cane in the backyard, and it started growing. I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I love my cross!
The other thing they sent is a box of CAMPECHANAS (soft ch sound), which are a kind of flaky bread / cookie thing that is DELICIOUS! Funny thing is, they sent a box for my sister... HA! As if!!! I will tell her how delicious they were, thank you very much!


And did I tell you how much I am spoiled by Noni, also??? She came in the other day, with these presents for me... I've been blessed with the best mother in law ever! Love the napkins, they go perfect with the decor! And that centerpiece is just CUTE!


This was one of our first home warming present we got from our friends Ann and Bill Hartford seven years ago. The funny thing is, it was just not growing that nice. It was surviving, but it wasn't thriving. So, this summer I decided to transplant her to this little flower pot, and isn't it cute? I think it's the first time it gives us a flower!

Last weekend, I was kind of feeling a bitsy down (the weather is not helping around here!), so i decided I wouldn't let myself get all depressed! I went out and got a few yards of fabric, got myself a book from the library, and decided I wanted to make a quilt. My neighbor Linda's mom made this GORGEOUS fall quilt for them, and I REALLY want to make one, that was total inspiration... Not sure if I'm doing it right or not, because this is my first time quilting something for real (last year's class was more a sample), but I am having lots of fun!

Finally, the reason I didn't finish at least the top of the quilt this weekend: Diggy Boy was also getting to grow a mullet, so I had to cut his hair. You'd think the Boy would be happy and grateful, but is he???? NOOOOO. He refused to look me in the eye all day Sunday and yesterday. He would just look right past me, and sometimes like right THROUGH me. It's not my fault that he looks like a Chihuahua when I cut his hair! He's just like a teenager. He started liking me again today, when I gave him a couple of treats... yeah, I have to bribe my kids to like me.
On a final serious note, one of my neighbors' mom has been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer today. Please pray for her and send positives thoughts her way. We really like her, and she adores all three of our children. She's always visiting her grand kids, and watches them all ride their bikes.
Hugs!

Comments

Molly Sabourin said…
Wow Loreluca! There are so many lovely things in this post: your adorable son and his handsome haircut, the quilt, the Fall centerpiece and napkins, that IS the best way to fend off malaise - finding beauty wherever you can!
so sorry to hear about the neighbor...lots of p&pt her way.

lovin' the pics. and what a stinker c is!!!
Pauline said…
A woman of many talents. You amaze me. I wish i had the tenacity to just jump inot quilt making. EHHHHH i can't even sew on a button.
Thanks for sharing.
Martha said…
I found a stick with branches that came out just like a cross (like your thorn tree), it meant a lot to me! It was like God was speaking to me.
Sounds like fall it hitting your lovely home...what a lovely centerpiece and napkins!
Anonymous said…
Hi Prima! I'm laughing at your poor poor dog. Yes he does look like a Chihuahua! Hey but he is going to be very popular now that Hollywood Chihuahua came out. Deelan went with his dad and said it was awesome. We are planning on going this coming weekend. Hey Connor looks very handsome with his cut like that. Me I try to give them haircuts at home and put up a fight and tell me some of the normal things. "I hate it, I don't like it, you do it horrible" those some of the things I can remember Anthony said and let me tell you that the next week he was apologizing saying that at school they had loved it. I can't wait for the pics to come from school to see the results. Well I keep saying that I will call but things have been crazy and today was no exception. Anthony needed to get one of his tooth pulled and had to come home early from work. He had been in pain for the past 3 days until today we should start seeing him feel better. Ok now I'll be going need to get this kids off to bed. Love you! chiao!
Anonymous said…
Oh and I went on and on about me and my crazy life. I really hope that your neighbor is able to with the fight against lung cancer. It is hard and I just think about my grandpa whenever I hear something like that happening to someone. It is something I will never forget and stays in my mind forever. I will say a prayer hoping she receives the strength to get through this! May God protect her!
Cheryl Wray said…
I just LOVE all of this stuff in your post today. Your son's haircut is adorable, and that centerpiece is just beautiful!!! And that cross...wow! I love it!!
Kim Watson said…
Oh my word! I thought I'd comments on this post...sorry!! Having a blog reader can be so confusing sometimes...!
I agree with Pauline...you are so talented at so much...I love how you decided to try something new...went out got the info you needed & just did it! Clever thing!

I LOVE that cross, the thorns remind me of the beautiful thorn trees that grew around our house, when we lived in Zimbabwe...we have a rusty metal one that sits above our fireplace...it means so much to us too.

C looks adorable with his hair cut...what is it about little boy cuts that makes them good enough to bite??? That reminds me I MUST cut Max's hair this arvi too...he is looking like a dandelion at the moment. I have been putting it off because of the weather...oh well today's the day!
Sorry to hear about your friends Mum...I hope she is doing OK!
Hugs to all of you special ones!
XXX
Nina Diane said…
Hey Paula!! Connor's hair is so cute. That's cool about the quilt making...it's still on my "to do" list to take a class but goodness, who knows when. I can hardly find time to even post!!
Sorry to hear about your neighbor
L@ said…
Hermano, si me llevaras a mi al peluquero y me dejaran como dejaron a tu pobre perro, yo tampoco querría verte en mucho, pero mucho, mucho tiempo :P

JAJAJA!!! Pobre chucho feo, de por si lanudo es feo (ntc), sin pelo parece una ratilla, pobrecito! :P

Y, bueno, hace un par de semanas Oscar y yo fuimos a cenar a las burgers de la B. Anaya, a lo mejor te acuerdas, creo que las llevamos ahí una vez cuando mi papá estuvo en el hospital el año pasado, la señora que es dueña del puestecito como que nos tiene mucho aprecio y nosotros a ella también, desde que supo de mi embarazo se porta mucho más linda que de costumbre, y ese día que fuimos nos estaba contando que una de sus nueras está embarazada también, pero su embarazo es de mucho riesgo, tanto para ella como para el bebé. Y aún así, decidieron seguir adelante con el embarazo.

...Yo no suelo rezar, de menos, no de diario como seguramente muchos otros lo hacen, pero igual cada que me acuerdo la encomiendo a Dios... Tú haces cadenas de oración cuando pones éste tipo de Posts en tu blogg... tal vez también quieran pedir por ella y por todas las mujeres embarazadas en éste mundo, tengan o no un embarazo de riesgo, éstas son las nuevas generaciones, que Dios nos ayude a que sean buenas generaciones, sanas, saludables y gente de bien.

Chale! Cómo cambian las cosas, no? Y no te atrevas a decir "te lo dije" como el resto de tus hermanas hace aunque sea de forma tácita y silenciosa, porque si de por sí caen gordas cuando no tienen razón, me caen todavía más cuando resulta que la tienen y no me queda más que quedarme callada...

"...Y aún así, se mueve..."
Kara Ward said…
Such a cutie little boy..and darling dog. Oh, your home just looks like the essence of fall. I love, love, love, the wall color. I need the Fall Centerpiece for my fire place. So neat! Take care girl and thanks for the author suggestion. I am reading Comfort Food. I don't like it as well as I did The Friday Night Knitting Club. Take care-Kara

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High