9.11

All day long, I had to type this date, and each time I felt a physical reaction in my body. I cannot explain it. It wasn't pain, but it was like a blow of sorts to my stomach. By the end of the day, I was just exhausted of remembering that day 7 years ago. The confusion. The horror. The incredulity. The utter disbelief.

Some would like to forget. Some would like to think it didn't hapen. Some would like to believe that when we are nice, others are nice back to us. Sometimes I try to think like a kid, too. I try to put on rose colored glasses and think that evil does not exist, and it's all relative. And then, things like a date -a simple date, two words: nine eleven- bring me back to adulthood and reality.

Even more sobering, I heard about this today. I had to go online and look for the story, because I could not believe it. And then I knew there is no room for childhood dreams or stupidity and indecision. This is what we are facing today. Makes me sad. Makes me thank our soldiers more than ever. Makes me realize we AREN'T a nation of hatred, despite what some will say. May God bless America the Beautiful. May God help us all understand.



Comments

Lesli said…
I can only say I felt the same way all day. It is a day I will never forget - nor do I want too. It keeps me grounded and grateful for what I have. I still have trouble comprehending how a group of people could hate so much - they are willing to destroy so many lives.
Secundino said…
No se me agüite Paulita!!! en todos lados pasa lo mismo :( acá, por ejemplo, se llama Narco...

En fin, es lo que se saca uno por no vivir en una isla desierta. A ver si se le quita lo guerrosos a los Arbanos y a los Misters... estaría de 10.
Have you ever read my poem I wrote about 9-1-1? You convey a lot of those feelings I tried to capture when I wrote it almost 7 years ago.

The story you posted a link for, I read some of it having a hard time giving any more of my time to it as I truly feel that the people who go and pay a tribute to a known terrorist are simply ignornant on many levels. The only thing we can do is pray for them.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg