how cute is this?

But before the cute stuff, here's what I did today... I spent the day SCRAPPING, YAY!!! I actually had a project in hands. The kids are no longer going to miss Amy's day care, which has taken care of all three of my children since 2003. So, I really wanted to finish a little mini album for her. Here's the mini album:











Coco made the hearts on linen paper, colored with markers and she cut and designed them herself... Mis Amy's favorite color is red, and she loves stars and swirls.
now, for the cute stuff...
Coco came over to my little office and told me about a robin's nest, and how she could see it and see the Mama birdie feeding the little ones. I didn't really pay much attention, because I just couldn't understand what she was talking about. BUT then, when I went outside with her and Maddy (her BFF), this is what I saw:


I'm pretty sure the nest fell from the tree. I feel so nervous that the chicks will be hurt , since there are some wild animals around us. We were very careful, telling the kids to stay very far away so that we don't get our scent on the babies. We could also see the mommy robin waiting for us to leave, so that she could come feed the babies. It was pretty cool, because we could see the worms in the mommy's beak... so neat! After she fed them, she took off. Not sure if you can see the beak of one of the babies up there in this next picture, but it really was pretty. I'm praying that no animals will attack them and they will be alive tomorrow.

Just a little picture of my favorite two year old... This kid has us ALL wrapped around his little finger.

Coco and Maddy are probably the weirdest girls I've ever met. Coco spent the day going back and forth to Maddy's home today (she lives almost right accross the street from us). then, they decided they wanted to spend the night at Meddy's, so there goes the pilgramage to Maddy's with Coco's bedtime stuffed animals and sleeping bag. Around 10, walking comes Sean (Maddy's dad) with both girls, wrapped in their blankets. Coco decided she wanted to spend the night home. So I ask Maddy, "So, are you guys spending the night here, then?", and Maddy asks her dad: "can you please bring me my Panda bear so I can spend the night here???"

Absolutely nuts, I tell ya. And here's Brian, inflating the sleeping bag/mattress for miss Maddy... took him probably 35 minutes!!!

Comments

Kim Watson said…
I love the mini album...it is so bright & happy looking! Miss Amy is going to love it!! Well done for involving Coco :o)

It is so cool that you could actually see the Mama feeding them worms...very National Geographic. I hope they will be OK?

Girls...heehee! Cas is exactly the same with her friend Taylor who lives next door....backwards & forwards all day...& they are 8 & 9 yrs old.
Lesli said…
Awesome mini album Paula - love the colors! I hope the little birdies survive - life can be so difficult sometimes!
Pauline said…
Little girls indecisive already OH paula you are in trouble when she gets older. What a great project i am sure she will love it, you do awesome work.
Martha said…
I hope those robins are okay. My dad used a staple gun and attached some fabric between branches and you can use gloves and return the nest to a safe place....maybe?

I think that album is wonderful. I love those red hearts...really from the kids, too!
Anonymous said…
The one part of sleepovers that I always dread is whether or not someone is going to want to go home. Luckily, it's only happened to us once and Meghen has NEVER done that. She loves herself a sleepover.

Jacquie
Nina Diane said…
so did the baby birds survive??
the mini albums is great.. wonderful job!
Cheryl Wray said…
I LOVE that little album. The glitter is great (and the whole design is!).

Those little birdies are so sweet.

Have a great weekend,my friend!
love love love the mini album!!! so cute!!

all the pics are fab...and the baby birds-ahhhh!

next time use a hairdryer to blow it up...it's much faster;0)

{finally shopped @ ACOT-got a cricut cart.-thanks again!!!}

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High