Happy birthday, USA!!!

We will be having a totally lazy 4th of July. Brian just came back from his trip last night, and I think he must be needing a lot of rest. He's loving his new job, but since he really is very good at "fixing" accounts, every time he fixes one and he's starting to enjoy the fruits of his work, another one gets "broken", so he has to go in and fix that one as well. It's nice that he gets such a good reputation in his industry, and it's great that he gets to know so many new people, because it's always good to have such a network of contacts, but it's really exhausting.

Anyways, a few days ago I went to buy a watermelon, because we all are fans (big time!). We come home, our mouths watering, and we open it to this...

WHAT??? Cesar was brave enough to try it, but I just cannot bring myself to eat some yellow watermelon flesh. It does taste the same, but I just couldn't have more than a bite or two. I'll have to give it a try again today.
And since my friend Kim posted that challenge with ice cream, I was craving COLD STONE, so yesterday I decided to take the kids for some. I love the kids that prepare the treats at this Cold Stone in Oswego (the next town to ours). They are such well mannered, nice kids! They are always in great spirits and make us laugh. (NOT THAT WE GO THERE TOO OFTEN... I'M FAT FOR SOME OTHER FOODS!)


Cesar gets so into his ice cream he didn't even realize I was taking a picture of him (actually, I took THREE!)

And ever since we went to see Kung Fu Panda, Connor cannot stop doing his Kung Fu moves... just look at this...

This is actually my favorite. I call it the I-can't-kick-without-support-"flying"-kick... really frightening. Really.

And yesterday was the last day the kids will go to Miss Amy's day care. She is downsizing for the summer, and will be closing her doors in the fall. So she gave Connor her son's Matthew's (Coco's very best friend since babyhood) kindergarten Thomas the Tank Engine back pack (WOW! did you follow?). He has been wearing it since we left day care.


Finally, you just have to go visit this blog... her name is Loretta, and she is an Aussie. You are going to LOVE her paper crafts. So fresh and unique!

Comments

Kim Watson said…
Happy! Happy! guys....I am thinking about you lots today!
Brian....it is so great that you are passionate about your job & do it so well, there are not that many blokes in the world today who can say that.

What's with that watermelon????? Is it a dud..or a different variety? I did have a thought...you could eat in the dark, then the weird color wouldn't bother you :o)
Stone Cold looks totally delish...actually it must be off the scales to engross Cesar enough not to have seen you whip out the camera hahaha!
Connor you are my type of kid....I am a KU-FU loving kinda girl too...even dubbed ones are OK...have you noticed how strangely fast their mouths move...even when they aren't supposed to be saying anything. We have tickets booked for Kung FU Panda for the 10am show with the kids tomorrow (Sat) so I'll report back when we're home.

Off to go & visit your Aussie bud
XOXOXO
Stefanie said…
Hi there
I popped in from Kim's blog. Totally love your Lo of the ice-cream...if only it wasn't quite so freezing here weather-wise I might be tempted, with loads of hot chocolate sauce!
Also love the panda (with support) kick.
Martha said…
Great kung-fu moves going on there!!! I've got some Yellow Pear tomatoes growing...and I think the Yellow watermelon is just a variety. There are many different kinds of squash, so this just must be one...did you like it more the 2nd time around?
Martha said…
Oh I meant to say I LOVED your layout for Kim's challenge. The turquoise ribbon is beautifully sewed and the browns just add to the richness and make me want chocolate ANYthing!
Martha said…
One more....thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I felt I should say something about this upcoming election. I will vote Republican and am proud to keep God in my life...this is one nation that was created under Him! We hear so much about the Democratic challenger and I'm just sick of hearing his name. He's a great speaker and that's about it. It seems like people are hypnotized by his dreamy sounding speeches, not thinking about the reality. Anyhow, thanks for the support!!! XO
Anonymous said…
Hola flaca locadia:

No puedo creer que me perdí del 4 de Julio allá... Ni modo!!! el próximo año será!!!

Que bueno que Bri se acomodó en esta chamba, es un gran tipo y se merece tener un trabajo que lo haga feliz!!!

Oye, que el lugar no se llama Cold Stone, verde toldo???? Casi podría jurar que así es, así que ya me tocaba a mí agarrarte en una. JEJEJEJEJEJE!!!! JUPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

César y Coco están inmensos!!!! Que impresionante. Eso de las planchas en la cabeza te pudo haber funcionado hace unos años, lástima que no tomaste mi consejo a tiempo!!!!

Oye y la sandía que onda???? Te salió una mutación o que pex??? Muy verde tal vez???? o amarilla en su caso??? Pues luego dicen que las mutaciones genéticas son cosa de las caricaturas.

Y hablando de caris, tu Connor es un osito. No he visto Kung Fu Panda, pero creo que podría doblarlo sin ningún problema JIJIJI.

Oye y por que cierra Amy, sigue mal??? Por fa cuando la veas saludala de mi parte. Y si está mal dile que siempre nos acordamos de ella con cariño.

Bueno hermana loca ya me voy.... Un besito para todos, y ya bañense, no sean cochinos...
Anonymous said…
I know this is going to enfuriate a lot of ppl, but I don't see the big deal about Coldstone! I've tried, really I have, but to no avail.

Jacquie
I've got to get caught up! I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday!
That baby is getting so big! Lu had the same backpack!
Kim Watson said…
Hey Paula...stop being such a SLACK blogger!!! I need news....how are you the clan????

No pressure hey?????
Heehee!
XXXX
Cheryl Wray said…
Mmmm..I LOVE Coldstone's ice cream. And...I really do like yellow watermelon too.It's surprisingly good!!

Hope your 4th was great!!
Nina Diane said…
that is the craziest watermelon I've ever seen.....
love cold stone...we haven't been a while...might have to go stop in!!

great pics again...

yeah, i don't know about that melon...i don't think i could eat it either...i'm struggling with it anyways...bad memories from last summer when i was preggers and had gone several days (7+) without eating anything, and was able to finally eat ONLY watermelon for a few days. haha!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High