Sweet days of summer

Yesterday, I was having a very busy day at the office. Brian came to my office a couple of times, but I had no idea what was he asking or saying. So, I pretty much ignored him. Next thing I know, what's on my desk?
Oh, do I love this man or what!!! I felt so embarrased that I didn't get to help him, but he told me, "well, you cook dinner for me, too, and I don't feel bad!"
Now, I have to say here that my office used to be the garage, and we divided it and turned part of it into an office, but we don't have AC in here. The lights are so hot that during the winter I usually don't need any kind of heating, but in the summer, it can be brutally hot!
Anyways... a little bit later, I realized that my office wasn't hot. I bought a small little fan and placed it inside my office, but it usually doesn't work, it only blows the hot air around. I went on and out of the office two times before I realized that Cesar placed this by my office door...

That thing was bringing in ALL the cool air!!! I was sooo happy! These guys really look after me! At 1 pm, I got a call requesting a Spanish interpreter urgently at the psychiatric hospital where I work from time to time, so Brian had to make dinner, too :)
When I came home, I found my kids doing this:


Yup, that is shaving cream on my dinning table. They were making drawings on it. I have to say, the table looks very shinny where the shaving cream was. I'm tempted to give the rest of it the same treatment. And to end the day, I found this picture in my camera:

Yup, my children are all very proud of their WEIRDAN heritage. This is my super dorky Cesar pretending to be some sort of Star Battle Galactica character...
Love these sweet days of summer... and summer has not even started yet!

Comments

they must really love you;0) i think i remember reading somewhere that you could use shaving cream to polish wood...i may totally be making that up, but it seems to me it was a heloise (?) tip.

last day of school here...i am so ready for summer!!!
Nina Diane said…
so what I find the funniest about this post is the pic with the kids and the shaving cream......is that Brian just sitting at the table watching all of this unfold.....hahahaha. Because that's so something Johnny boy would do!
Secundino said…
Zavala! son Zavala también!

Saludos a todos... algún día los visitaré... me encanta cómo se ve su casa

nos vemos :)
Cheryl Wray said…
Ha ha!! He's a cylon. I love it!!!

You have a wonderful family. So sweet of them to take care of you with the lunch and the cold air. So sweet!!

Have a great weekend!!
Kim Watson said…
I love your family, they are so.......normally weird & I love that you are all crazy about each other & that theirlove language is so tangible.

Fact no#101 a'la KJ~ Kiddlets mirror what they see around them....that means you & Brian are doing GOOD....very GOOD! Well done!

Hey now you've got a photo of Caesar...well almost haha! Tell him I am also a SCI-FI nut! Starship Galactica ROCKS!!
XXXX
Lesli said…
Isn't it absolutely lovely to be loved! It's good to know you are being taken care of! Hope all is well!
Anonymous said…
What a great guy! "_ Love the shaving cream fun. and the photo that was a surprise. Love when kids do that. Shows they are having fun with mom.You have great kids!
Anonymous said…
I just love reading about your family Paula...you all do the most outrageously normal things and make them all so fun. So much love there!

Jacquie

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High