It {was} my birthday!

And who shows up at our door with these two beauties??? Noni, of course!!! I love Brian's parents, they are the best. Noni is ALWAYS so thoughtful! She brought chocolate, strawberry and lime cake, something for each of us. Brian was insisting on putting all 39 candles on the cake, but I was afraid it would start a fire, so we went for a LOT less than that. Kids helped blow the candles (and eat the cake, of course)




Thank you all for your calls, emails and cards!
Now, you have to go to Kim Watson's blog and PLAY this week with her challenge. It's the PERFECT excuse you need to eat a nice special treat. Actually, the challenge involves ice cream or dessert or something sweet you love. But since I realized I have NO pictures of me or the kids eating any sort of sweets (and I will just STICK to my story), I had my SCRAPBOOK DOCTOR'S permission to prepare my fave, chocolate ice cream with nuts (preferably, pecans!) The above pictures of the kids eating birthday cake DO NOT COUNT for this challenge, as determined by ME.


On my birthday, we started our Financial Peace University Class at a local church. We are very excited about it! Thanks again for the tip, Nester!

Comments

kmmiller said…
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy birthday to you!!!!
Happy Birthday Paula!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Those cakes look yummmy!

Hope it was a great day for you.
Secundino said…
y cómo no invitaste!!!! bueno Paulita pues muchas felicidades :)

fue el 26, no? bueno, no me acuerdo bien... tal vez si nos visitaras más seguido... ajajajaja nos vemos, un saludo a los primos :)
The Nester said…
HBD!!!

you will so love the class. actually we have never taken the class. My hubbs listens to the radio show, I read the books and we have seen Dave live and I was on the TMMO forums for ever but LUCKY!!!

You will be so inspired!
happy b-day to yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuu!!!

today is k's 4th b-day, along with tom...


good stuff and love the photos!!

i didn't forget that i was tagged.
Nina Diane said…
awww Paula! I didn't know.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
hope you had a wonderful day. hugs to you.....Nina
Kim Watson said…
I'm so glad you got to eat cake & get spoilt!! you deserve it 'cos you're so special!!!!!

I love your icecream entry...it is SO yummy! You've got some talent girl!
XXX
Cheryl Wray said…
Those cakes look absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Happy (late) birthday to you!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful day!!

(I'm just a year ahead of you. 40 in two months!!!)
Anonymous said…
Feliz Cumple otra vez!!!! Hoy es 1° de Julio así que por acá nos vamos a juntar con la familia Zavala para celebrar al abuelo ya difunto, pero quise pasar a saludar y a deleitarme con ver de perdido esos deliciosos pasteles de la jewel que extraño muchísimo. Más te vale que cuando llegue me tengas de perdido uno de cada uno.

Bueno chamaca, se te extraña en el metro, pero supongo que has de seguir enojada por eso, así que ahí muere.

Un besote para tí, los chamacos y el chango peludo.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High