In the blink of an eye ;)

Well, so much to tell here...

Not quite in the blink of an eye, but things have changed so much in two months, it's just amazing.

We've been working like little bees trying to get the house looking PERFECT, because we saw there were several (and I mean, SEVERAL!) homes in this subdivision for sale. So we were keeping an eye on the market, as well as the house. In two months, the value of our home has dropped about 20 grand! And to make it even worse, the base price of our new house has dropped 30 grand! Of course, the builder doesn't even want to begin talking about it AT ALL!

We had to think about this long and hard, and we had to come to the decision of not buying the house after all. We are so disappointed, but at the same time, we know that we cannot sell our home for less than a certain amount. And we can't get the house sold as soon as we had planned because of it. We have seen MANY homes taken off the market at this time. And the fact that two homes just like ours, right down the street, are down on a price war is not helping. We are afraid by the time they do sell, they will drive the home value around here to the dumpsters.

Now, we are trying to see if the builders will negotiate, but they have been a bit tough. I am pretty sure we will be losing the down payment, and although it's not a lot, it was our very last penny. My sister also decided to back out of the deal, but my sister is the SMART sister when it comes to money, so they signed with several reservations, so they can actually back out of the deal. I have to admit, I was very devastated about losing the money. But thankfully, I have a great family and friends that are always, ALWAYS reminding me of all the blessings I have.

First of all, I felt embarrassed praying to God for money. One of those days, as I was opening my computer at the wee hours of the night, because I couldn't sleep, I was praying to God to please help us get that money back. And as I did, I saw an email from a friend. She keeps us updated of the progress her little girl is doing in her battle against leukemia. She's 6. She was diagnosed last October. I saw the hairless pictures, and the beautiful smile, and I just could not keep praying for money. I had to change my prayer to, please help us find a solution to this dilemma, and please help me accept the outcome. My worries really seemed very, very petty at the time.

Then I talked to my dad about it, and was telling him I am very stressed over it. And dad very, very wisely told me: You know, honey? The GREAT part about the ordeal is this: IT'S ONLY MONEY! And he is absolutely right! It dawned on me, it really is ONLY money. Then, my dad reminded me of one of his favorite Bible passages Romans 8:28 - DILIGENTIBUS DEUM, OMNIA COOPERATUR IN BONUM. It is true. Everything works for good for those who love the Lord. But even better, the Lord loves me a whole bunch more, and I know he will help me get over this rather quickly.

And then, Brian. He is my rock! one of those days I was very down and desperate, I was telling him: I'm tired of us making bad decisions! His response? "You know, Paula, when it matters, we have made the best decisions. We chose to say welcome to Nicole when we didn't expect her. When the minister asked us, we chose to say yes, and here we are, going strong. We chose to have another baby, and Connor is now filling this house with joyful noise. We decided to say yes when your dad needed us, and we took out whatever money we could to help him. No, I think you are wrong. We mostly make good decisions, Paula". Isn't Brian AWESOME? I absolutely love this man. Yes, when we put it into perspective, we've made the right decisions when it has come down to it.

And then Coco, this past weekend, came back from Noni and Papa's. She came in so excited, she ran into the kitchen and told me: "Mommy, mommy! I just saw a wishing star for the first time in my LIFE!" Of course, I asked her what did she wish for, and she said: "I had a very hard time deciding, mom, because I REALLY wanted to have two wishes. My first wish was that I get EVERYTHING I want for my birthday. And my second wish was that everybody in the whole wide world has a happy life. I thought about it, and I thought, 'well, I have lots and lots of toys already'. So, I chose that everybody in the whole wide world has a happy life. Do you think God can grant me that wish?"

Wow. I could not ask for more. I am ever so grateful it is only money that we could (almost certainly will) lose. God blesses me in so many different ways, He surely makes up for every penny!

It may sound like I'm very easily ressigned to this, but believe me, it's been hard. It's just that my friends and family makes it a lot easier for me. My dear friend Carlos said to me the same as my family. It's just money. All you have to do is get to work, and eventually you will have it again. That simple, Paula. So get back to work! (he also happens to be my boss :) I know, I know I sound corny... I guess my life gets pretty corny, even when we are having a "major" crisis.

But in any event, since we had started so many projects, now we are stuck trying to finish each one of them! I finished the chairs, and I got the slipcovers for the couches, so I started some of the pillows... I'll get to the rest SOON! Not sure when will I finish the curtains, it's been a little crazy trying to get the kitchen floor, too! My BIL came to install it (Thanks, Mike!!!). It's just vinyl, but it looked sooo cute! We (ok, ok I, not we, just I) wanted to grout it so it would look more realistic. Now, you may think grouting looks sooo easy on those tv home improvement shows, it's a piece of cake: WRONG! We still can't get the haze out of it, it's been a little bit frustrating. And now we still have to finish painting furniture, and painting Coco's room and ours... the list doesn't end.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with these pics of the few things we've accomplished...





These are the two colors we chose for the house. The yellow is the main color, the burnt orange is just the accent color...



Our new slipcovered chair with one of the pillows ( I LOVED the glittery button!)


One of our dinning chairs,



And finally, Connor trying to find out how to operate mommy's undergarments (I just HAD to take this picture... it's a classic blackmailing photo for our "I'll-embarrass-your-teenaged-highschooled-behind-off-if-you-don't-clean-your-room" photo collection...)



Hugs to you all! May you have a great Easter, Passover or just plain and simple great couple of days!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hello tia hermosa!!
well it's been so long since i talked to you and i have to say that when i visit your blog i get very very sad cause i miss you guys soooo very much. i'm dying to see you, bri and specially the kids. and of course little digger lol. jk.
well my inspiration is sweeping the floor.
kisses and hugs
ani
Anonymous said…
Oh my !!!! Congratulations !!!!! My day was kind of sucking badly, and you just turned it with that picture of Connor and with Coco´s story. Thank God you´re around!!!!
I´m realy grateful to the Lord for you and your family. Thank you for being around, and I think Brian is completly right. You make good choices. It was just money, and of course if you see the longterm consecuences if you kept the house... It could realy suck for you guys, so CONGRATS on that too.
Well, have to go home, so.... Thanks againg for those lovely nephews and niece that you gave me.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO.

Marisa.
love that blackmail pic! ;0) sorry about the housing market. it stinks EVERYwhere. great time to buy, but NOT sell. it started dropping here a few months after we bought our house here. but your dad is right, it's ONLY money. i just wish i had a money tree! have a great easter!
Nina Diane said…
First....I, am so glad to hear from you! I had been greatly worried and was even afraid something was going on with your dad. So I am happy to hear everything is ok. And Paula, I always think things happen for a reason and we just have to find that reason. And now is such a bad time to try and sell a home.....and with things not working out, it just means the time wasn't right. The right time will come later. And you are so right...it's only money. We all have so, so much to be grateful for. You and I both have such awesome families! And really, that's all that matters. So here's to you girlie.......things will look up, the chairs looks awesome, Connor is funny and Coco...well, she's actually got it all right huh?
hugs.......Nina
Pauline said…
Glad that you have made a decision that you can survive with (after all it is just money) Love the pix of connor ... and can you come do my house it is in need of a face lift!
:)
Pauline
Anonymous said…
I needed that post...I needed it. Thank you! I love the bra photo too! :) hehe
But I need to think that way as well...its just money. Its not life.
Anonymous said…
Paula, when we don't hear from you for a while, I too worry but when we do hear from you, you are just a breath of fresh air. I love how you always come back to the positive.

The housing market stinks. I know. My husband does that for a living and our lives have just taken a complete turn for the worse than worst!

It's true, it's only money, however, unfortunately ppl have made money ever so important. Just keep your perspective on it and that's fabu!

Have a great Easter and may you find all God's blessings this holiday season.

Jax
Lissa Ballard said…
Happy Easter my friend!

I was sitting here watching my church service, led to your blog, listening to Joel Osteen tell us how we are destined for MORE! We're not meant to get by, we are meant for "More than enough"! We should walk in our faith to receive it all, open a savings account and have faith that God will fill it and more. And I read your blog and hear that others that I hold dear are experiencing the same as I am (financially) and I know that we are ALL meant for MORE THAN ENOUGH! God is going to fill our lives with an over abundance. We've already received so much with the love of our families and friends. We now are meant for MORE! We're going to receive it girl! It's ours for the having!

God bless you and your family Paula. I'm so sorry you've had to go through thisbut I'm certain we are going to receive our "more". It's there for us!

May the lord bless you today and always.

Love to you all, Lissa
Scrapdragons said…
sorry to hear about your difficulties witht he house, but I am very inspired by your sense of gratitude...what an awesome thing.

laura
Kara Ward said…
Okay, I am laughing so hard at that picture. It made my entire night! Blessing happen when we least expect it. Take care, Kara Ward
Your house is looking fantastic my friend! Although I didn't see anything wrong with it before! Didn't Brian just recently paint your bedroom??? Ya'know...I asked Julius the other night what color he would like our room to be, and when he answered purple I thought he was kidding. He said if he were kidding he would have said plaid! What a goof. Then I remembered that Brian surprised you with the room and he choose purple! Great guys indeed.

You know how sorry I am that you had to lose the deal with the house, but your positive attitude is quite remarkable to me! Not to mention your faith. I admire you greatly my friend. God will bless you over and over again as he has.
You are such a fabulous soul. Do you realize it? I know that your husband does and your true friends do too, but do YOU see it? I do. It's right there, plain as day! YOU are awesome!!
Coco is darling! You and your husband are awesome parents and the little things your children do and say are perfect examples of that.
I hope that the contractors will be able to refund some, if not all, of your deposit. I know it doesn't usually work that way but sometimes there are little miracles in life :)
Many HUGE hugs to you and lots of love too!
~XO
Gabi
ps- one day Connor is gonna kill you for taking that picture! Hee hee hee! He's SOOOOOO darn CUTE!!!
Kim Watson said…
Hi! thought i 'd pop onto your blog & see what you have been up to. WOW! you certainly have been busy...I love the redecorating. Sorry things didn't work out according to plan...you must have been bummed out! Wise Dad you have.

That sure is a classic blackmail pic ...when he is 15 he is going to hate it :o)
KJ!
I'm sorry it didn't work, but I'm sure after a bit of time more reasons will be apparent and you will thank your own lucky stars. Better things are coming! And look at all the nice things you finished in your home......now you can enjoy them. I hope you're feeling better.
Love the bra photo! I remember Lucas thinking that my bra was to keep my milk warm.......of course I didn't have milk at that time. Gotta love them.
kmmiller said…
Love the picture of connor. it is the best.

Sorry to hear about the house girl. Things will fall into place.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High