Still ALIVE...

... but swamped with fabrics and paint. It's kind of funny, I ordered some fabric online from Joann, and then when it arrived, I really didn't like it. See, I'm making new curtains for the back door (it's one of those sliding doors and we used to have blinds there), new pillow covers (because we got new slipcovers for the couches) and I'm re-upholstering the dinning room chairs. And so, I ordered different fabrics that I thought would match. Very orangy-yellowish, those are the colors we chose for staging the house. Anyways, when I saw the fabric, I was very tempted to return it, but instead, I started the first chair today... And I think it looks AWESOME!!!
I just finished cutting all the fabric for the back of the chairs, tomorrow I'll be busy sewing. Can't wait to see the first one finished. I'm actually getting EXCITED! Bought a couple of lamp shades, too, and I'm almost done painting the tables black (coffee and end tables). Of course, the kids are even faster and they are already chipping at the paint.
Wonder if there's any storage service for kids. Maybe we could pick them up after the house is staged. Or even better, after showing the house. Ok, maybe we could pick them up after they are all ready to MOVE OUT???
Did I just WROTE that OUT LOUD????
Ok, I'll post pictures tomorrow, when I finish at least the first chair. I'm going to crash right now...
HUGS!

Comments

Kim Watson said…
Hahahaha! your comment about a 'kid storage service' really made me laugh. We also feel like that sometimes on the weekend, when we are trying to catch up with some sort of DIY project or something.

I am SO impressed with all your redecorating projects you have on the go. You must be a multi tasker of note to have so many on the go at the same time...curtains, pillows...painting...recovering...yikes! just the list makes me nervous! It will be good to see the before & after pictures.
Have a gr8 day!
~Kim
Anonymous said…
The thing is ... we all know that you are so full of love for your children that you couldn't stand a day without them!

Jaq
Lesli said…
I am impressed that you can sew. I would do an absolutely horrible job - at least on paper it doesn't cost so much :) And you can come to MT anytime you want :)
Nina Diane said…
WOW...you're really busy! And if I lived closer, I would so come over and help you! thanks for all of the nice, nice comments on my blog....you are such a doll. Selling a house with kids around is difficult. Our kids were young when we were selling our last house and trying to keep everything straight was a full time job! So good luck......I'm still searching for fabric to cover the dining room chairs...can't wait to see yours!
hugs......
kmmiller said…
I'm with Lesli. I am impressed that you can sew tooo. Can you come and stage my house? Very exciting times ahead for you. I'm with you for the storage thing for the kids. Ok, I said that outloud too. LOL
ScrapnJods0423 said…
You amaze me with all your talents and things you can do. Can't wait to see the pictures of the house staged. You know you can store your kids up here in Wisconsin if you would like - LOL. But I know you would miss them before they were out the door.
that was a pretty funny post.

hope things are good your way. i've been mia too.

sounds like you have a lot going on...post some pics woman-share!!
Becky said…
Time to update we would like to see the new fabric and paint... come on pull out that great new camera and snap away LOL
Nina Diane said…
where are you? I want to see some pictures!
Update please :) I wanna see the curtains, paint and hear about everything! Where are you moving to? Is it far away? Montgomery NJ maybe (that's where I am! )
hee hee hee
XO
Gabi
Ah you truly are just waaaaaay too creative for me!! When you're done will you come help me spruce up my pad??? I could sure use some of that! The couch downstairs is in retchid condition and needs to slip out the door, but I'd settle for a slip cover!!

Anyway, can't wait to see all these creations I've been hearing all about for-ever!!!!! Wish I would not have been so sick week before last to come and help. Sigh....

We'll try again soon!!! XO
Anonymous said…
Still waiting for those pics, r u sure you´re from this world? Ok, we´re gonna keep waiting for March 1 to show up. Kisses and hugs.
Marisa

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High