I'm a Brat... and some other happenings

Last night, I was making a mini scrapbook for a nice couple who sent Coco a Christmas present. After a little while, I went to the kitchen for a nice cold iced coke... only to find out we were out. I knew Brian had drank the last one, so I went and asked him if he bought some more, since he was the one who finished the coke. Of course, he didn't. I already knew this, since he didn't leave the house after dinner. It was sort of a passive-aggressive trick I was trying to use on him, but of course, it didn't work. Brian HATES the passive-aggressive approach. He will always tell me he needs me to tell him exactly what I expect or want him to do.

Anyways, I went back to my little office, and kept working. After a while, I decided to go to bed. As I started going upstairs, I stopped and hand had this nagginsation (conversation mixed in with the nagging element) with Brian, as he read on the couch:
Me: "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a glass filled with ice and coke right beside my bed, on my night stand".
Brian (rolling his eyes at me): "Nag, nag, nag!"
Me (with a condescending smile): "Well, don't ever again tell me to tell you clearly what I want if you are not willing to DO what I want". And then I went to bed.

What do I find this morning besides my bed???

And Brian's question when he wakes up? "Was there still ice in the cooler? I put some ice packs in the compartment to keep the ice from melting"

I AM SUCH A SPOILED, SPOILED BRAT!!!! I AM SOOOOO SPOILED BY MY DEAR LORD, WHO GAVE ME THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! I LOVE YOU, SWEET LORD!!!! AND I LOVE YOU BRIAN!!!!!

Now, if you ever hear me complain about my dear hubby, please knock me back into my senses!

And then, the "other happenings":

Connor woke up at 5 (as usual), and we both came downstairs to have milk, cereal and yogurt, like we do everyday. Then, we sat down to watch cartoons together. Then, right around 8, Sponge Bob came on. That is the family's favorite cartoon, so, Connor and I were excited to watch. After a good 15 minutes, though, I realized that Connor wasn't sitting on the floor with his toys anymore, and I also realized that everything was very quiet. Too quiet.

So, I went looking for him in the kitchen, and this is what I found...




Oh, yeah! Did I say before that we are trying to sell this house???

Good thing we had already decided to put new floor and carpet. Now, the range will just have to get some elbow grease, that's all. It's great to have your kids help you decorate when you want to stage a house...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh geez! What a mess. But how cute was he? lol

Jax
Becky said…
hey you need a mr clean magic eraser .. that will take that marker right off
Anonymous said…
Hello tia hermosa!!!
Lol that looks like quite a mess!
Well just wanted to drop by and Say my usual 'hello'
I hope you had a happy valentine's day... cause I sure did!!
No, no, no it was GREAT!!!
Don't have a lot of time, otherwise i'd tell you. but it was terrific!! my beautiful boy went all out!!!

ok.
gotta fly!!

love,

ani
Pauline said…
AHHHHHHHHHHHH quiet in a house of kids NOT good, but he did a great job decorating .. and i bet that was the best coke in the world!
what a fab husband! i couldn't even get mine to get me a drink while i was sick with my babe! lucky girl, you! and that little stinker! another vote for the magic eraser! hope your able to get it all up!
Nina Diane said…
Paula.......that is freakin awesome what Brian did!!!
Becky said…
You are truely a spoiled brat!!! But lucky as the day is long. What a cute kid...LOL... Spongebob is just WAY To good you can not even hear your son being sassy. I LOVE SPONGEBOB!! HEHEHEHEHEH
Lesli said…
You just have to love our little ones. I hope all is well - I miss chatting with you! I wanted you to know I picked your blog as my banner of the day - it will be linked on Monday. Have an awesome day!!!
Kim Watson said…
Hi there, I found your link off lesli's blog...

The kitchen 'art' is priceless....I too worry when my 3yr old is quiet...it usually means trouble.

Your bloke sounds like my bloke.....perfect!

Have a great day!
~Kim
scrapwitch said…
OOOHHPS ,YOUNG ARTIST AT WORK....
Annette said…
yOU ARE SO STINKING SPOILED! gOOD FOR YOU! Sorry about the caps... I'm typing w/ one hand. Stop by my blog for an update!
I am so sorry,but I am having a good giggle over here. Please tell me the markers were washable ones. I remember Lucas coloring the entire couch cushion top and bottom with Hot Pink marker. Thank God it was a leather couch and it washed right off.

Also, I got a kick out of the coke. You are a brat. I say if diet coke brings on that kind of crankiness.......then you shouldn't have it. he he he

Can't wait to see your chair covers! We want to see! So there better be a photo on this blog by tomorrow morning or else.
I'm just letting you know what I want. :) LOL
ScrapnJods0423 said…
Wow Paula, you did get one of the bestest hubbies in the world - how sweet. Sorry but I had to laugh at Connor, he sure does do a good job. This is so something that one of my kiddos would be doing. Can't wait to see those pages scrapped.
Oh! how awesome Brian is! Harel is good too! I can't complain one bit! ;) That is SOOO cute what he did with the coke in the cooler on your bedside table!!!
Oh.. yes yes yes... you have quite a little artist there! *sigh*
He and Ellie need to team up. She's wicked with markers!
HA!!
Hugs girlfriend~
XO
Gabi

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High