Happy {Belated} New Year!

This New Year's Eve, just like all of our New Year's Eves, we played it low key. Our dear friends Bill and Ann invited us over for the most delicious tacos, and the kids played until they were tired and ready for bed. Brian, Bill, Ann, Cesar and Evan (their oldest kid, 12) played a pretty neat game of ping pong, and some pool, and some air hockey. We had a wonderful time, even if we came home early.


Two nights ago, I was recording Coco with my little coolpix Nikon camera, and I set it down, still on and with the lens opened, to look for something I needed. I came back to sit down, and of course, I sat down ON my camera. Needless to say, it is gone, the lens could not survive the ample abundance of my behind. I'm so not happy with myself! I NEED my camera. I really do. Today was the Epiphany Feast, the Three Wise Men day, and of course, I couldn't take pix of my kids opening their presents to upload to my blog. I'll have to wait until I send the roll in, and order a cd. I wanted to go out and get another, but Brian wants me to get a real camera (like a digital SLR), so he wants me to wait a little bit, until he gets a job and we can get a good one. I, on the other hand, CAN'T SURVIVE without a camera!!! I feel like I'm crippled without it, so I really wanted to go out and get just a not too expensive one...

Oh, bummer! I guess I'll wait this week, but I don't think I can last that much longer without one. I am so not happy with myself!!

Until I have a new one, I'll have to post without pix :(

Comments

Anonymous said…
Paula, I have extra cameras that you can borrow if you'd like one until you can get your own.

Just let me know. Not the best, but digital and takes good enough pics.

Jacquie
Pauline said…
Paula .. OH NO so sorry about the camera!
Pauline
The Nester said…
Oh, I know that you can be patient and wait! Borrow you friends or, (gasp) use your cell phone--and then when you can, buy what you really want. I'll be worth the wait, I promise! I know how hard it is to wait though!
yikes! i'm so paranoid about doing that to my camera...the wait will be worth it...
Anonymous said…
Hey sis, that kind of sucks badly. I was wondering what was going on since it was the 5th already and there was nothing new on your blog. I´m sorry about your camera, please take skrpndiva´s offer so we can see you guys. Yesterday was Lalo´s birthday so we spent the evenning at my parents, we had some carnita asada, and then cake and then rosca de reyes. Of course, by bed time i felt my belly was about to explode, thank God it didn´t. Anyway all of us girls got a mono from the rosca: Nani was the first one to get it, then i offered to help her make tamales, and as soon as i said it i got my own mono, then Ale, actually i think she tried swallowing it, but she was chocking so finally she confesed. And when we thought we were done with monos for the evenning Ani got the 4th one.
I believe mom cheated so she doesn´t have to do anything, cause dad, lalo, jose luis and oscar are in charge of chocolate and we are of tamales, so she seems pretty suspicious. JIJIJI. Ok girl, got to go. Have a beautiful day today and please keep in touch. Kisses and hugs for the Riordans.

Marisita bonita.
Becky said…
Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear about your camera that sure does stink. But on the flip side... when you can get it you will have a hip new SLR!! Think about that one...LOL..
emily freeman said…
It will be so worth the wait. That's actually what happened to me too..except instead of my behind, we just clumsily dropped our Nikon coolpix and killed it. But the real camera we have now...words cannot describe.
Nina Diane said…
oh no Paula.....I would be lost without my camera. Hope you get something soon
OH NO!!! I hope you get a camera soon!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High