Back home...

Dad was released from the hospital on Tuesday, and is now back home. He still needs to gain some weight, and will need to be very careful with the medications to keep his blood as anti-coagulated as possible. But we're all happy that he's doing better now.
I am also back home with my family, getting ready for the holidays. It was awesome to come back home to the house all decorated by Brian and the kids. As Brian put it, Cesar was in charge of the kitchen and dinning room, Coco was in charge of the nativity and the ornaments she could reach, Brian was in charge of the living room and the rest of the tree. Connor was in charge of playing with the nativity set, the Christmas Village and the ornaments HE can reach. So far, we have two headless village kids, two armless shepards, and earless donkey, and all sorts of ornaments on the floor several times a day. I think he is the most successful of all (can you see his contribution to the village? Love his helicopter in the middle of it...)


This was the note that Coco wrote for me to welcome me back... am I not a lucky woman??? (by the handwritting, though, you would not be able to tell if it's Coco OR CESAR!)

Now we're trying to get back to the swing of things, although I have to say, it has been tough. While my dad was having surgery on Monday (the first one that wasn't very successful), Brian called me to let me know that he was let go from his job... I feel almost relief that is over with. I have never seen Brian so unhappy in my life. And he is such a professional man, that as soon as they heard about it, his last employer called him and asked him to go back there. He's trying to find something different, although it's not easy this time of the year...

It will be a tough time, for a little bit but I really am very confident that the good Lord will look after us, just like he always does. And I absolutely believe it is the company's loss, not Brian's. He's such a great guy, I know we will be ok. We all love each other, I am madly in love with him, our family is just awesome. That is all that matters. We will find a way.

I hope your Christmas season is BEAUTIFUL, and i hope to be back in the swing of things SOON! I miss my blogging friends and my scrapbook pages!

PS.- The banner is our christmas card for this year... I like to hand make them, but this year, I'll be glad if I'm able to send them, let alone make them! Cesar hated the way he looks, but I think he's just adorable with that peach fuss over his lip... my boy is growing FAST! These are some of the take outs... Connor couldn't stay put to save our lives, so I had to go with plan B...

Comments

Nina Diane said…
Hey Paula....that was very sweet of Brian and the kids to decorte for you....and especially the welcome home sign! I know you're probably pretty glad to be back home with them. Sorry to hear about Brian's job thing but I always believe these things happen for a reason......there's something better that will come along. You better get cracking on your shopping!! not much time left...take care.......hugs, Nina
glad to hear your positive attitude...good luck with all!!!love the banner (pic) really cute and that's really funny about the armless/headless characters and the helicopter...is that harold? and love the outtakes! glad your back!
kmmiller said…
Hey girl. Glad things are going better with your dad and you are back home with the family. Your hubby is the best to take care of all the decorating. Sorry to hear about the job, but the right thing will come along. Good things happen to great people like you. Hange in there and have a great holiday.
Oh good! I was worried about you and I'm so glad the news is good about your dad. So sorry about Brians job, but you have the right attitude. I'm glad you can see your blessings in the storm of all that has happened. You're such a good person. I love the Christmas card and I love the photos with the blurred toddler. So fitting.
Missed you!
Bethany E. said…
Those pictures at the bottom...so cute! That is seriously like taking pictures at my house...Sophie always has her finger in her mouth or is doing something silly...oh well.

I'm glad your father is doing better and just remember...everything happens for a reason. :)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High