My 'Holiday' weekend... so far

On Friday, I received my new scrapping bag... this is just too cute!! I am loving the color and the picture frames. I also got my CraftMates containers, and I can't wait to go to a crop in order to use them for the first time! (Thanks, Jodie!)

Yesterday, I was supposed to go to Tracie's, but I was still feeling under the weather, and thought it wouldn't be such a great idea, so I stayed home. Then, in the evening, when I was feeling a bitsy better, I went to ScrapAddict, since they were having their 20% off everything -anniversary sale (they have been 5 years online with their monthly kit club). As I am walking to the door, this familiar face comes to greet me to the door: "We don't let crazy people come in this store" Elaine Davis (and her friend Andrea)!! She's an online friend I met at... who else's place? TRACIE'S!!! (everything happens at/through/by Tracie! This woman is amazing she know everybody!!!) It was so fun to see her, she is hysterically funny so we were laughing like crazy. She hasn't met Connor or Cesar in person (she met me pregnant). As it turns out, she reads blogs (one of those LURKERS! hehe!!!) mine included, and she wanted to see the acrylic book that I left at ScrapAddict. That really was a GREAT surprise. Elaine, get a BLOG!!! We need to see your child and hear what you have to say!
To make my day even better, Felicia (the store owner) ended up giving me not 1, but 3 free kits and lots of freebies! She is just the nicest person you would want to meet. I love how she, her mom and her store manager make you feel like HOME! She's really an awesome LADY!!! I was just sooo happy! Can't wait to start scrapping, although that may have to wait... These are the kits I got, aren't they CUTE?

I picked up some Chinese food and brought it home. After dinner, Coco couldn't wait to open her cookie. She was pestering about it, really. "Come on, mom! How can I know my fortune if you don't open my fortune cookie?" She was relentless! Anyways, I opened her cookie, and a second later she's yelling with such excitement! "Mom! Look, mom, look! Look how fortunate I am!" She was almost in tears, so happy she was. And this is what her fortune cookie said:


She was really excited, and so was I. He sure does, Coco! Your Heavenly Father sure does!

---------------------------------------------------

Then comes today. Brian and I were cleaning the house so that we could go to the Yorkville Days Carnival at night, since I really wanted to see the fireworks and take the kids. Carnivals are such an essential part of summer for me, and we haven't done that since I was pregnant with Connor. Coco and Connor were playing in the family room, Brian was setting the washer and I was cleaning the cupboards and pantry when we hear Connor screaming. But this wasn't his normal I'm-angry-at-Coco kind of scream. This was something else. So, here we come to find Connor laying on top of the pillows that Coco placed all over the floor. It doesn't look too bad, but he's still crying unusually loud. So, I pick him up and try to comfort him, while Coco (crying her eyes out) is trying to explain what happened. She held him up, and threw him on the pillows, like she sometimes sees us doing on the couch. Ok, so it can't be too bad. She's not all that tall, it wasn't a bad fall.

He seems to be better after a few minutes of consoling, so I put him down on the floor. He tries to walk but he starts limping. WHAT? Then he starts touching his right foot and crying. I put him on my lap again and start touching his foot. And he starts crying again. Then I pay attention and I see that his foot is pretty swollen. We really started to be alarmed, but it was Connor's nap time, so we decide to put him down and see how he wakes up. Two hours later, he's still limping. Darn! So, Brian gets him to the ER. They took X-Rays, but they are not completely sure if it is fractured or not. They placed his foot in a boot-cast, and want us to see a orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday to evaluate him, since his foot is still swollen and he's still limping.

Connor is such a great sport, though. He had a hard time trying to walk with the cast at first, but he is trying a few steps. Just very few, they told Brian not to let him walk very much. Poor Coco! She felt so guilty! We had to explain to her that although we had told her not to hold her brother, this was just an accident, and it's not her fault. We had to tell her about the day she fell from my bed and her Big Brother felt so guilty, too. I think she did feel a little better, and all she wanted to do was help Connor and color pictures for him.

Which brings me to tomorrow... I guess we aren't doing anything tomorrow!






Comments

loving the new goodies...

and poor little dude =0(
Oh man I'm so sorry to hear about Connor's foot! Poor Coco I'm sure she feels more guilty than anything!! Sorry your weekend wasn't what you had hoped it would be!

Oh and you ran into Elaine huh!? I wonder where she heard about the store to begin with....hmmmm!!! LOL. I had no idea she was having such a great sale - ya think you coulda mentioned it??? LOLOL. Felicia is a doll, the whole lot of them - first class act for sure!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh poor baby. I do hope everything turns out okay for him! Poor guy! And poor Coco, she must feel just awful. Luckily she's a child and will get over it pretty quickly.

Glad you're feeling better!

Gosh, I haven't talked to Elaine in ages! She was a brat but now she's gone! Sniff, Sniff!

Jax
Pauline said…
OUCH poor Connor!
NO fair you got to see Elaine and i still have not met one of you!
Cheryl Wray said…
GREAT post!!!
I love your new scrapbook bag, and looks like you had such a fun scrappy-time!
That is too funny about Elaine. A lurker who knows everyone? Just kinda cracked me up.
The fortune is perfect!!
And love all the pics!!!
what I want to know is........did Coco get that fortune before she broke his foot or after? LOL......sorry I couldn't resist. :)
I sure hope his little foot gets better soon. Poor little guy. And poor coco...the stress she must have felt.

I am so jealous that you and Tracie get to scrap together!
Nina Diane said…
glad you are feeling better! And hope little Connor gets better soon!

and where did you get that acrylic scrap book?
ScrapnJods0423 said…
Oh Pauline, I feel so bad for Coco and bad that Connor had to have that happen. Happy to read though that the cast is off.

Glad you got your package and you are enjoying your goodies. Let me know when you need more goodies.

Sending hugs to all!
ScrapnJods0423 said…
OK I just left my comment and was talking to Pauline and put her name in the post, I am SO sorry Paula. UGHs I am losing it.
Oh NO!! :( Poor little Connor!! :(
I hope that things are ok now. I'll go up and read your next post!
I feel sad for Coco too!!
Hang in there, Mama.......
XO
Gabi
The Mom said…
I am so glad that you got to come and see the new store!! Yeah for goodies!! I hope your little guy is ok!!
Lesli said…
Hey Ms. Paula - I hope all is going well! Just wanted you to know you have been tagged on my blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High