School is starting







Tomorrow! Summer went by sooo slow for me, working full time. I really, REALLY didn't like this. But now, I'm starting with my part time schedule. It was really bad to have to work all summer long, since there was no time for the kids and fun stuff, but I knew that I needed to give the guys in my office a break, they really needed me.
although we can't really understand most of it. I love seeing him playing pick-a-boo and smiling all the time. Coco is so ready to go back to school, she's been reading up a storm. She's so into her big sister roll, protecting her brother, but also pestering him, as all big sisters should. She also is a master at pestering Cesar. And Cesar... growing pains, that's all I can say. He'sIn any event, these were the fun things about summer: Connor is starting to be a chatterbox, challenging everything he hears from me or Brian, but the truth is some of the things we say, DO stick. I don't get teenagers, but I'm pretty sure my mom never "got" me, either. It's still nearly impossible to take pictures of Cesar and/or his friends.
My sister Hilda left for Mexico, where she will be living, at least for a while. She wants to be close to my parents and help out with grandma, since she fell a few weeks ago and is recovering. But I miss her terribly, and that now makes me the only one here. I still have several uncles and aunts, but my immediate family is all back in Mexico now. Feels kind of strange, pretty lonely, but she will be coming and going, since she's starting a business down there, and her husband is still here. He may be moving down there next year if the business they're starting works out.
I did manage to squeeze some time for scrapping with Tracie this past weekend at the ScrapAddict (I LOVE this store!!!). I took my acrylic book, and the owner, Felicia, asked me if I could leave it as a sample, since she will be getting an order with these books soon, that way she doesn't have to make a sample. And we may even get a class going...
We had a very fun time, and even though I didn't manage to get MUCH done, at least I got started on a couple of projects. Cindy and I will be participating at a craft show in December, and I'm trying to start with little mini albums for this occasion. We'll see how it goes. I don't necessarily think I'll make loads of money, but it will be nice to have a showcase for our projects.
I also started doing a little bit of beading... like I REALLY need to pick ANOTHER thing to spend money! Pretty simplistic, really, no big project to begin with, but I'm liking this. Maybe I'll take a class, I'll think about that one...


And can somebody tell me please what is it about this KATAMARI game that makes guys get glued to the TV??? Brian ordered this one (this is the second version, mind you, he already has the first one MASTERED!) and couldn't wait to get it here... jumped with joy when it came, and has been playing it ever since...

Comments

my dude starts back on tuesday. i'm so going to miss him. beautiful necklace. and i haven't heard of that game but will have to look it up. i HATE that summer is over but can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch!
Anonymous said…
I don't know about games. When my dh or my ds get one, I don't see them for hours upon hours.

Jax

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg