Summer bliss...

Each year, I can't wait for summer to come. It's such a nice time of the year! We get to actually SEE our neighbors, talk to them, and play around with our kids. This year, some of them organized a block party, and although it wasn't exactly OUR block, they just know half the subdivision so they went around and invited everyone they found. And so, we went. We had such a blast! Coco and Connor had such a great time visiting friends and playing around on the water and on the jumpy thingy! A HUGE thank you goes to Maria and Mike for putting it together, it was such a success. Cesar went to Great America with a group of friends, and also had a blast, although we missed him. This time, I did get my friends' permission to post the pictures online, so here we go...




And today, I went to a purse and jewelry party at my good friend Tracie's home... I LOVE this woman! She is such an awesome lady! Of course, I had to take Coco so that she could play with Tommy and Nick, Tracie's little ones. It was so cute to see them playing Star Wars, and inviting her to be the princess with a sword... too funny. They went outside and played some more while I checked out some purses and jewelry that were for sale. I took my camera, but smart as I am at times, I forgot to take it OUT of the car (duh!). On our way back, we stopped at a new scrapbooking store that I absolutely needed to check out, and grab some pretty nice deals! (she had very nice paper on clearance for 10 cents a piece, and some diecuts too!!!). And I have to add that Brian FINALLY got his sign on our yard. See, for years, Brian has done such a great job with our lawn. He takes pride in believing he has the best grass in the neighborhood, and he's probably right. And also with his little front yard flower garden, he's always working on it. And he had always wanted to get some sort of recognition for it. So, on Thursday night, we were very happy to find the sign that the City of Montgomery "bestows" upon the 50 nicest yard each year...



You deserved it, hun!

Comments

what a fun block party! and congrats on the yard...it is pretty. you'll have to post another of the flowerbed. (we're still trying to get the grass to grow!)
Pauline said…
a block party now that is something that i have never done! We have a summer picnic in the apt complex!
Gorgeous PIXS and Connor is getting so BIG!
Bethany E. said…
Wow...fun pictures! Your grass and your house are look gorgeous! One of the 50 best...woohoo!
Lesli said…
What wonderful photos Paula - looks like life is very busy for you - glad to know all is well :)
Glad you had fun at the party and so did the kids! And why didn't you tell me you were going to a new LSS?!!! WOMAN!!! LOL.

I have never had a block party or been to one but know several people who have and have them and I'm JEALOUS!!! Looks like the kids had a total blast and great pictures of them on the slip'n slide.

CONGRATS BRIAN! WOW!!! I'm so proud for you, now you wanna come do my yard????? :D
kmmiller said…
congrats on the yard award. That is so cool.

Looks like you all had a ball at the party.
Cheryl Wray said…
Just look at those awesome photos!! Looks like such a great time!!!
Love Summer!!
Anonymous said…
Paula, Brian did a wonderful job. You can tell him congratulations and it's absolutely beautiful!

We don't have block parties because we are at the top of a hill. I've thought of having one for all of us towards the top and around the cul de sac, but noone seems interested. Party poopers!
Lissa Ballard said…
Well, it looks like everyone had a great time!

Congrats on the yard! That's just awesome!

(Loving listening to your site today... I'm leaving it on in the background all morning......)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg