Welcome 38!


A bitsy blurry, but this is the Fisherman's Inn fish farm. It's such an AWSOME place!




So, this is what 38 feels like! Last Tuesday was my birthday, and it's so nice to be the birthday girl! Friends and family sent messages and e-cards, calls, my friend Amy had a nice gift card for a local Spa (THANKS, AMY!!) that I intent to use soon, and the whole day just went so placid and nice. Tracie sent the most beautiful card that made me cry (THANKS, TRACERS!!!), it was soooo sweet and touching, just like Tracie is!

Brian told me NOT to make dinner (as if!) and to wear something other than jeans. Now that is the kind of talk I like to hear! When he came home, he got the children to give me my present. I am sooooo excited about my present!

Now, a few days ago, when my parents were visiting, they asked me why don't I listen to music anymore. So, after pondering the question, I realized that a lot of the music I'd like to listen is from my teenage years, and I have it all in LPs. It's music in Spanish, kind of non-commercial music, and it's really difficult to find it on the net to download. So, when Brian asked me what would I like for my b-day, I told him I'd like a small little record player, maybe one of those combos that you can find at Walmart, or something like that.

My b-day comes, and what do I get? A record player that connects to the computer so that I can transfer my music into MP3 files so I can play it on my little stereo!!! WOO HOO!!!! And also a little bit of jewerly that you can see in this picture...

Then, we go to dinner, and I ask if Noni and Papa can come. They are out and shopping, what a bummer. We get to my fave restaurant, Fisherman's Inn, and who is waiting for us? Noni and Papa, of course! After dinner, I had a delicious white chocolate cheesecake (I didn't eat the white chocolate and chips part, it was just too much!), and then we all went to feed the swans, geese and ducks, and see the sunset. Wonderful, just awsome.

Then on Wednesday, the guys I work for decided to have our monthly meeting in my home, in the evening, and decided to bring a Dulce de Leche cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory... YUM!!! I cannot believe that I almost finished my piece! We had a great time having the meeting in our patio until midnight. Of course, after drinking coffee I almost couldn't sleep the rest of the night. One more sign that I AM 38 YEARS OLD!!!

My kids are healthy, Brian is healthy, my parents are healthy, my in-laws are healthy, my friends are healthy, I love them all and they love me back. I am so blessed. I cannot stop counting my blessings everyday. Sometimes, I cannot believe the fairytale life that God has granted me. I am a very happy woman. Not worthy of God's immense Grace, but yet here I am enjoying every bit of it! Thank you dear Lord!

Comments

Well, happy b-day to you!! And what a cool present. i need one of those to transfer all my records over...love it. i do have a record player though=0) enjoy!
Anonymous said…
Oh Paula, I absolutely love you. You are so positive and so thankful and so bright and such a good mom and a great person. I can only aspire to be half as good a person as you are.
Creative Frenzy said…
Happy belated birthday, Paula!!!
It sounds like it was a fantastic day!
Oh..and never question that you are worthy of all you have.... YOU ARE!!
Lots of X's and O's!
XO
Gabi
Lissa Ballard said…
Oh Paula! Feliz Cupleano!

It looks as though your special day was just as special as you are! I'm so glad. You surely deserve it.

(And speaking of crying... this rendition of Amazing Grace, also another song that makes me cry every single time I hear it or try to sing it, is fantastic... this is the second Christian Contemporary artist you've turned me on to. I absolutely adore Mercy Me now and can't ever get through "I Can Only Imagine" without nearly losing it!)

Yes, dear friend, we have become our mommas. What a great thing! *BIG SMILE*

Hugs,
Lissa
Lesli said…
Looks like you had a great B-Day - I promise 38 isn't so bad - as a matter of fact - I'm 42 and still don't feel so bad :)
Pauline said…
Paula, Happy Belated birthday!
Cheryl Wray said…
Sounds like a super, super birthday!! What a COOL present and the dinner out sounds fabulous!!!
38 is great...i'm almost done with that year myself and 39 will be next month!! lol
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
Paula...wow what can I say to all of that?! Sounds like your 38th birthday was fantastic, wish I could have celebrated with you!! That dinner sounded fantastic! And what an AWESOME present!! I had no idea they even made turntables anymore let alone ones that hook up to the internet!! TOO COOL! (Perhaps I'll be bringing over my stash for a whirl!!) hehehehe

Can't wait to get together, let's make plans!!!
kmmiller said…
glad you had such an awesome birthday. Fisherman's Inn is where we go for my birthday as well. ever since I was a kid. Love it.

you blogger thing finally let me leave a comment. so confused as to why sometimes it does and doesn't

Hugs to you.
Happy Belated Birthday my friend. I LOVE that photo.....child wrapped around you. LOVE THAT!
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!
Bethany E. said…
Happy belated birthday! Sorry, I didn't know sooner...sounds like you had an awesome day! BTW, thanks for your kit suggestions. :)

xoxo
HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!!!!!
XO XO XO XO
Gabi

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg