WAAAAA!!!!

Why doesn't life come with a package of EXTRA hours here and there? There's so much to do these days, and time is just never enough to get it all done! I guess that's my super power, if I was a super hero. A couple of hours here and there. That would be mighty convenient.

BUT, since I don't have such power, I'll just have to learn to live without sweating the small stuff. I'm still working on that.

This weekend we had Meghan's b-day, and Coco was so happy to go out and play with her cousin. They are growing to be good friends, and love each other dearly. Next weekend, Meghan will sleep over, and they both are just sooo excited, they can hardly wait.Of course, as we were at the party, it started pouring, and before anyone could realize it, the kids were runnin rampant on the back yard. They were totally soaked, but thankfully, I had a dress in the car that I had just bought for Coco, so she could change into that. They were having so much fun, I couldn't be mad. I was just giggling with them, and taking pictures as they played.



Yesterday, Brian spent most of the day gardening. I love that he puts such care into our yard, and I guess even he didn't know he had such great thumb - very green! Coco and he spent hours in the front yard. Today it'll be the back yard. Connor and I go "visit" them, but most of the time, I am inside, trying to get started on the favors and center pieces for his baptism, and my DT work, which is due Thursday.

BUT, I still have to get all the laundry done, a hair cut for me and the kids, manicure and pedicure, go shopping for shoes and a decent dress for me (I HATE shopping!!!), order a cake and ballon piece for Coco and finish the 10 center pieces and 75 favor boxes, AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE before Friday. That's when my parents arrive, I'll be picking them up at 1 at the airport. Saturday is Coco's B-Day party, and Sunday the baptism. Did I mention that I'm working 9 to 5 Tue to Thu? And on Friday, I have Nicole's book ceremony in the morning, so there goes my morning for working on anything else.

Yesterday I was really starting to get stressed out, when the thought occurred to me: The IMPORTANT thing is that he is getting baptized, invited and recognized as a member of our community of faith as he cannot still do it for himself. The important thing is that my daughter is healthy and growing and learning each day. The important thing is that my parents are coming to visit and enjoy their grandchildren. And THOSE are the important things. The favors, the center pieces, my shoes, the color in my nails, the cake and the clean laundry are ABSOLUTELY unimportant. (well, maybe a nice clean pair of underwear kindda helps...)

And then, I felt a lot happier and a TON less weight over my shoulders. I really need to remind myself all the time, about what is important. I just keep forgetting! Sometimes the glitter is too shinny to look past it, and remember what the goal is... After that, I took my camera and went out to have fun with my family. THAT'S the important stuff. Connor was trying to help and of course, couldn't, which was starting to frustrate him. But Coco immediately kicked in, as the good big Sis she is, and took out the wagon and her bike, and started entertaining Connor, giving him rides and stuff. Diggy boy joined us in the front yard.


















Ok, now I think I'm slacking, because it's Monday afternoon and I haven't done anything. But we REALLY needed to go see our Noni & Papa. And had to go buy some materials. Oh, well. If worse comes to worse, I'll buy 75 Hershey bars and place them on the tables. We just neede the good company of our Noni and Papa, and to play a little with the kids. Plus, Coco is now sick, probably a result of playing under the rain... We'll see.



Comments

Nice gardening indeed! As you will find out I spent my entire week last week outside working on the yard, I LOVE doing that but it's always been such a HUGE CHORE because of the size - oh well that was our choice to buy this nearly acre lot!!

Are those the favors your're working on?? Wow those are ADORABLE!!! What do you plan to put inside?? I really wish I was going to be in town and there with you - giving you a hug because I think you need one.

Most importantly too - DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!!
Lesli said…
What great pics and projects - looks like everyone was enjoying theri day.

Congrats on the guest designer pic at SWG - can't wait to see your projects - Take Care.
Bethany E. said…
Wow you are one busy girl!! Good luck getting everything ready for the big day...what a beautiful thing to celebrate!

Corey likes to garden too and I can't keep a plant alive if I bet my life on it! It's nice to have someone like him to take care of things like that, so I know what you mean...lol! Happy Memorial Day!
Cheryl Wray said…
Such wonderful pictures!!!
You are SO true...the trick is to not sweat the small stuff!! Breathe deeply and take things in stride! You can make it through!
So exciting about the baptism! Just such a beautiful, beautiful thing to experience!! Enjoy it!
Pauline said…
You amaze me!
Great pixs ; great projects ; great family time!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! How appropriate it is to be baptized on the feast of the Most Holy Trinity. Pretty favors. I hope you got to finish all that you needed done before Saturday. God bless you all :)
well I hope you found a clean pair of undies. Great fun photos! But the safety queen wants to know where those children's HELMENTS ARE? oops.........did I say that too loud? :)
The favors turned out so so cute. Very sweet. Congrats on the baptism.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg