One of those days... with a Twist :)

Today was one of those days I REALLY wish I stayed in bed. The day started with a terrible headache because of the #$*%@&#$*%&2" allergies. I feel my forehead, my eyes, my nose stuffed, this is just as painful as it gets. Plus, I've had post-nasal dripping all night long, which really upsets my stomach.

I don't know if Connor is resenting the change of routine with Brian gone so early, but he, my sweet little baby that was always all smiles, is a horribible screaming little stranger that won't stop screaming unless I hold him in my arms. And it's kind of difficult to do Coco's hair as it is, let alone holding a wiggly toddler in my arms.

Started the work day, same old, same old. Then, a call. "Where's the Turkish interpreter I requested?" Where indeed? She's already 10 minutes late, so I call her, and before she answers, I start getting that feeling in my tummy. "I'm home... what do you mean when am I getting there? You didn't send the info, I thought it was cancelled" I didn't send the info... I go back in my mind, and INDEED, it is my mistake. She can be there in 20. RUN, please! She's the sweetest, but the attorney's office is sooo not happy. In the end, out interpreter was just wonderful, and despite the 30 minute wait, they are happy with her. But I still HATE making such huge mistakes.

I just came out of this one, when in comes a call to the my cell phone. Cesar's school. Detention, since he was being a goofball yesterday when he had a substitute. Two days after school next week. I'll have to leave work early...

WHY DID I LEAVE MY BED TODAY???

So, it's the early evening. Brian has a softball game, so I picked up Connor. I have all the kids home now. I'm ready to start dinner, when I see that the neighbor is home. I asked for their vacuum yesterday, because this lady was coming over to clean, and I didn't have vacuum bags. So, I grab the nice almost brand new vacuum cleaner, and head out there. As I'm walking, the vacuum gets unscrewed and half of it falls to the ground with a BIG THUMP! I re-attach the thing, and this time I start rolling it. I get there and as I'm ringing the bell, I realize this thing is not standing straight. WHAT???? Nope, it's useless, it just won't stand.

Josh opens the door, and I tell him, "I think it might be broken" (YA THINK, YOU MORON!!! I tell myself). He tries a couple of times, and as he does that, I can CLEARLY hear my mom's voice in the background: "This is exactly the reason why I never EVER want you to borrow things from ANYONE. You need to be responsible if something happens to them, blah, blah, blah." And so I really NEVER ask for anything borrowed... but yesterday all I wanted was a clean HOME!!!

So, I ask Josh where did they buy this thing, and he says Target. Come back home, tell Cesar "Keep an eye on your siblings, I'm just running to Target". Aha. Like it would be that simple...

First Target, they are out of it, although they have the floor sample available, for $200, no box. I don't think so. What if I drop it AGAIN??? Next town. In the interim, call Cesar "Are the kids behaving? Won't take long, hun". Second Target: NADA. Next town.

By the time I got to the third town, I was really, really frustrated. It's already 7 pm, Brian is in the second game, Cesar has to take care of the kids, and I will have to spend $200 in an item that I cannot even find. I'll probably have to end up going online and paying the S & H on top of it! BUT Oh, dear Lord, thank you so much! They DO have the darn vacuum, ON CLEARANCE!!! So, instead of $200, I end up paying $138!!! YAYYYYY! My head was still hurting, the stuffiness and dripping still there, but at least there is a Starbucks, so I can have some White Chocolate Mocha to give me some comfort and fat calories (and just to have something in my belly, I'm starving).

On my way back home, Cesar calls me to "check on me". I'm coming! I know he must be annoyed having to keep both children. He's probably tired, and fighting with Coco, and Connor must still have a dirty diaper (I did feed them before leaving!).

I arrive and Cesar comes to meet me at the driveway. "Come on in, mom. Can I help you?" Cesar, you are still grounded, but thanks for helping. "I know, momma!" I come in, and there's Connor, with his clean diaper, drinking his milk before bed. Coco is sitting at the table coloring and practicing her spelling. She stands up and they both ask me "Close your eyes".



They take me to the kitchen, and tell me to open my eyes. Before me, the most elegant dinner setting they can imagine! There's mushroom soup as my appetizer, and Stroganoff noodles as my entree! Cesar serves my plate as he tells me, "Mom, I realized that any other mother would have yelled and screamed at me for two detentions. And I know we talked about this, and I know that I am grounded, but I was thinking how you give so much, and I do so very little. So, I wanted to give you the best possible microwave-oven-friendly meal I could" He then went to put his brother in bed, and came to sit with me. He poured some milk as we talked about our days. Coco came and joined us for a while. He even made a jelly sandwich for her!
Amazing how some noodles made my day absolutely worthwhile! Thank you, sweet Father in Heaven. I have the best family ever. And yes, Cesar's still grounded big time. And he knows it. And he still kissed me good night!

And just to end, some LOs. Didn't really really LOVE them, but I guess those will have to do!!! They are for the 3 Bugs contest at Scrappin' with Grace.

Comments

omigosh what a day! sorry that you had all that going on. but what a great kid to do all that for you! and your layouts are beautiful! love them!
Anonymous said…
OMG, I was feeling so bad for you...I had the same kinda day. I'll post on my blog just as soon as I can.

But, after reading what your beautiful children did, I just started crying!

I shouldn't expect any less though from them as they have the sweetest, most loving and awesome mother ever!!
Pauline said…
OMG so you had me from the beginning ... and then the turn .. what a great kid you are raising grounded or not! He is wonderful! I love your layouts you always do awesome work. BTW i made a HUGE banking error at work I know what you mean when you say you hate to make errors!
Lissa Ballard said…
Paula I was feeling your pain about your horrible no good very bad day and then wham... there goes the waterworks. What a wonderful gesture of love and maturity. Take it from a momme with three boys, Boys don't really come by this as easily as girls and I"m so happy for you that you can feel that pride with him so early. You're a heck of a momma and yes, you've got a great family.

Big Hugs!
Lissa
Lesli said…
You have a great family Paula - I absolutely love the cards and LO's.
Yay!! I can post COMMENTS from my laptop!! I can't post them from my desktop though! WOW GORGEOUS kids and GORGEOUS layouts!!
I soooo can hear ya screamin' about the day from H%##!!! I have had days like that .... oHHH YEAH I HAVE!!
Glad to be able to check in on your blog ! !I LOVEEEEE you header....HOW did you do that! It's AWESOME!!!!
Leavin' ya a HUGE HUG~
XO
Gabi
Cheryl Wray said…
Oh, i think your layouts are just BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!!!
Boy, that was quite the day huh?Why does it all seem to happen at the same time??
But what a wonderfulthing your kids did.Just amazing!!! What a wonderful mom you must be!
(btw--I love your daughter's name.Is Coco her nickname or given name? So pretty!)
those layouts are ROCKIN! Love them.
Paula you DO have a wonderful family and wonderful children (despite detentions, but I think that's pretty normal of a preteen boy!!) You are one lucky lady that is for sure! Sorry to hear you had to buy a new vacuum cleaner though!

Your layouts are, as always, fantastic!! I don't know why you say they aren't your favorites, I'd take ANY of your layouts on a 'bad' day over any of mine on a good one!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg