happy {belated} mother's day!



I've been watching that commercial on tv by Suave, the one that says that 80% od moms admit they have let themselves "go". On Mother's day, I realized I have as well! I woke up early, took a nice shower, put on ALL my lotions and creams, put on MAKEUP (what is that????), and even got my earrings and necklace on... I ALMOST felt human!!!
Brian's family (all 16 of us) went to brunch to the Mill Race in Geneva, which is a very nice place, and then came home to scrap a little. I thought I left my camera at home, but I really just had it buried in Connor's diaper bag, so there are not so many pictures of that. But in the morning, Nicole and Cesar gave me my presents (they worked on these very late into the night on Saturday!), they were priceless. And of course, Brian heard me ONCE mention taht I'd like the Walk in my Garden cartridge for my Cricut (that was like two months ago!), and what do I get? Well, my cartridge, of course! You'd think he really LISTENS to me!



Nicole had her first school field trip to Blackberry Farm, in Aurora, which is a very nice park with historic sites and recreations of places (pioneer style), and the farm animals, and all those good things. I went as a volunteer and ended up with three kids to keep an eye on. Although I ended up with a headache, we had lots of fun...




And finally, we're starting to count the days for my parents' arrival. They are coming to baptize Connor (they will be his Godparents!), and I can't wait to see them. It's been a long time, and we really are anxious to have them for their visit!

Comments

i'm with ya on that...i forgot about me for a while...you look fab...and what awesome little goodies.
kmmiller said…
I am so excited for you that your parents are coming. You will enjoy the time and treasure it forever. You look awesome in that picture. So beautiful. It is so fun when the hubby's actually listen. Great presents. Glad you had such a nice day.
Pauline said…
Paula,
What treasures!
I hope your parents have a wonderful visit ... how exiciting!
Anonymous said…
I learned that, somewhere, a long time ago. We do tend to forget about the make-up, etc and we really shouldn't because when we look nice, we feel great and our days usually turn out better!
Lesli said…
Great photos Paula - they grow up so fast. You are so right - it is very important to take care of you once in awhile - we all need to be refreshed!!!

Take Care!!
You looked beautimus my dear!!! I agree that at some point us moms do let ourselves go and I have been trying to recoop that myself lately. Anytime I go out somewhere nice (even if it's to the PTO Meetings) I spruce up a bit! We deserve it for cry eye!!

Looks like the field trip was too cool! Tommy's kindergarten trips were no where cool like that, I think they went to Pilcher park once...oh well there is the next several years!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg