Entrepreneurial Spirit





Yesterday, Nicole and Jakeroo wanted to set up a Water Stand. Of course, there is barely any pedestrian traffic around here, but they insisted on having their stand, so they could earn money to buy a little swimming pool for the summer. Why wouldn't they just ask for it is beyond my comprehension, but anyways...

I helped them set up a "Stand", with some fresh water (no time to make lemonade!) and a little box for "all the money", and they wrote with chalk on the driveway WATRSTAND. but not many people were going through. So, there go Nicole & Jake, yelling out: "Would you like some water?" One of the neighbors says, "yes, I think I would", and walks over, as I am sitting in my little office, watching. Nicole goes ahead, serves the water, and this guy asks her, how much do I owe you? And Nicole answers with this big smile, THAT'LL BE $5 and 3 pennies!

This guy almost choked, he was laughing so hard! It was just so funny! I had to yell out loud "25 CENTS!" It was just so cute to see these two great friends have such fun! I think it'll be an awsome summer!And very profitable, too! (they ended up making $1.45!!!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
that's my coco lol
come on tia this is great! she's not even ten and already a bussiness women lol.
love ya,
ani
that's great!! i'd choke over a $5 cup of water too.=0)
How doggone cute!! You have to LOVE kids when they come up with such grand ideas and have NO IDEA how much the value of money is for things!!!

Yesterday when I was at Menards I heard this little girl say to her grandmother, 'will you buy that for me when you are rich?' - I had to turn, look and give a chuckle!!!
Anonymous said…
My kids never wanted to do any kind of stand and around these parts, they probably would have made millions! lol
Cheryl Wray said…
Cute!! I love it!!! And love that you encouraged them to do it!!
Pauline said…
WOW now that is a business woman .. 5 bucks a cup! I shall invest in her business!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High