Spring is Broken!

What in tarnation is this???? Something is not right! I wake up and look outside, and it's all white... I'm still trying to recover from the shock of having Christmas in the middle of April.

In any event, we had a beautiful Easter, with our kids looking for eggs all over the house. Not that it's such a big home, but it was freezing outside, as you can see. Literally.


The bunny has gotten a lot wiser over the years, I have to say. When Coco was a baby, that silly bunny left an egg in her crib. When Cesar woke up and started looking for the eggs, he found his sister with her face all blue, trying to eat the nicely painted egg... Another one was taped to the ceiling. No complaints, this year we had fun just as well.















After that, it was dinner at Noni's. It was supposed to be very "casual" and low key... but as usual, Noni is sooo good at SPOILING her children, her children's wives' AND her grandchildren, it was such a feast! Auntie Cathy and her kids were there also. We all enjoyed the company and the kids running around. I tried to take pics of Cesar, but of course, no more decent pic of him. Just this silly one I could snap because I caught him goofing around!

























Tomorrow, Brian is going for a job interview. Actually, this is the job offering, he already had 2 interviews. I have mixed emotions about this. Brian has had quite a few years with the company he is with now, and he really enjoys it. I think he is at a happy place there. It's not too far from home, so he can be here usually by 6 or 6:30. In the mornings, he takes the kids to school and daycare, and then heads to work.

If he takes this job, he'll be gone most of the day. He won't see the kids in the morning, and will probably get here a lot later, since this job would be a lot farther away from home. I know it's better pay. I know it's a good move for him. But I just think that we live well. No super luxuries, but we have food on our table and a roof over our head. I don't need much else. All I need is my best friend here with me. And the kids need their dad with them. They all adore him. Cesar, Coco and Connor await his arrival every day, and jump the second they see the car in the driveway. This is the kind of thing the kids look forward to every night, and quite frankly, so do I. Our home is a zoo, and we probably are ALL certifiable, but boy, we enjoy our madness! Brian is so much fun, and is always looking for a new funny thing to do. As silly as putting a collander or a pair of pants on Connor's head, or playing Dr. Coco's patient, or wrestling with Cesar with tickling tricks, we always have something crazy going on. Or most of the time. I love him so dearly. He's truly a remarkable father, husband and friend.

I know we need to send the kids to college, and we need to save for retirement, and that also makes me feel bad. I am working from home, and make a lot less than I could if I was working on assignments, but we know this is best for the kids. Connor still has to go to daycare, but Coco and Cesar are here with me after school every day. I can cook (I can doesn't mean that I do, hehe! ;), go get them if there's an emergency, go to their functions, volunteer every once in a while. But I just feel like I should be out there working, and not having Brian carry the bigger part of the burden. I know he feels proud of himself for being able to have his wife home, but all the same, I wish we both could have more time for us and our family.
I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes. Brian has been praying since he got the call to tell him about the offer. I admire his faith and his strenght. I know that if he keeps our good Lord in his heart, he will make the best decision for our family. I'll just have to pray so that I can better support him in this new endevour and be up to par. I just don't want him to take the job for the money. I want him to be happy where ever he is. Maybe we'll have to get more creative with our schedule, and find a way to make more of our time. I know I'll be praying tomorrow during his interview!

In other news... today I have a newfound respect for the kids that work at Starbucks, and I just understood why their coffee is so darn expensive. I bought this new coffee maker, an expresso and capuccino maker. Nothing fancy, just a pretty simple one for $30 from Walmart. Well, today I was trying to make my first Capuccino. I tried, but I must say, I totally PANICKED!! This machine was making some weird noises, and I just didn't know how to handle it... So this is what I got as a result. Any resemblance with a CAPUCCINO??? I don't think so! I'll have to keep trying...















Finally, I'm leaving tomorrow on a little SCRAPBOOKING RETREAT!!! Yeepee!!!! My friend Tracie and I will be going after work to Wisconsin and we will get together with another bunch of our friends, and scrap until Sunday. Last year, when we had our retreat (the first one I went to) I didn't make a lot of LOs, really. I guess I take forever and a day to decide on a silly page. So, this year, I'm taking it pretty easy. I'm trying to take only kits with instructions, so that I can do lots of glueing, lots of talking, and very, very little thinking (like that's any news!!!!). The only project I'll have to work on will be this week's challenge for my contest, but I BETTER come up with something in three days!

That's all for now. Be back on Sunday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you considered relocating to wherever this new job is? I was told growing up that things in life are not free and you cannot have everything you want,when you want them. It’s so true! Sacrifices have to be made most of the time to achieve a greater good. I am sure Brian feels "torn" as well, but needs your support 100%. He is just looking out for the future of his family. You may not “need” much else, but if this opportunity has presented itself, than maybe it was meant to be. Later on when the kids are older, he may find something closer to home and you too can take on assignments that will make it easier on everyone. God give you strength and wisdom to accept was was meant to be. Good luck Brian! :) Holly.
Loreluca said…
Holly, that is AWSOME! Thanks for such a great reminder of faith and a great outlook on this!
Anonymous said…
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. You were missed. Hope the job this went ok for Brian. You guys will figure it out. You are always so possitive. Loved the easter pics of the kids.
Wow that was one packed blog!!!

I already know that Bri took the new job he was offered and I can't be happier for him - I know you will find a new 'rhythm' that will work for your family!!

I also think you and Bri and your adorable offspring are one extremely WONDERFUL family that will ALWAYS overcome any obstacle you face. Every family should be so much more like yours!!

Sending many hugs!!!
Bethany E. said…
Looks like you figured it out...hehe! Oh, and you have such cool pictures from Easter! I was laughing when I read the word tarnation!! Good luck to your family (change can really good, but I'm sure you already know that)!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High