It's nice to getaway...

It was such a nice weekend! On Friday, I went to my friend Kathy's The Pampered Chef party, and got a couple of things I need for the kitchen. I have to say, they made the MOST delicious ham and cheese frittata I've had! And then they made a delicious fruit cake, with mangoes and kiwies... YUM!!!

Saturday, Brian {as usual} surprised me with a little getaway... AWSOME! He got us a the best deluxe suite at a local hotel, and had reservations for us to have diner at a Japanese Steak House that I LOVE!!! We haven't been there in ages, so it was nice to have a DELICIOUS dinner without the children jumping all over the place. We love to take them with, because of the nice show that the chefs put on when they are preparing the food, but it was even nicer to sit down with my hubby and just talk and giggle as I sipped a nice pina colada. I even put makeup on and got to wear something nice!!! I ALMOST felt human again!

When we got to the hotel, we had chilled Irish cream, courtesy of my dear thoughtful hubby, and a nice movie to watch as we were chilling in the hot tub... that was awsome. Just being able to sleep the whole night without one of the kids coming to our room or waking up and needing a bottle, was priceless (thank you, Hilda dearest! my sister was our babysitter!) We used to do this getaway a little more often than now, it's been quite a while!

When we came back today, it was just hillarious to see my sister napping on the couch while the kids (Coco and Connor) covered all the floor with toys. Nicole told us that she was trying to wake auntie Hilda up but she wouldn't. Yup, that sounds just like my sister! She was ever so embarrased, but managed to run out and leave before we made too much fun of her, bummer!

And to end this magnificent day, I'll just post a couple of pics of the LOs I came up with this week, including the DT work I did for Creative Hearts Studio. The April kit is up and running. I really LOVED this one, it was so packed with goodies and stuff! "To Infinity and Beyond" was made for the contest I'm participating with Kathy. "A Little bit of air" was the LO I made for those pictures that I took of Nicole... I LOVE those pictures of her! The tag mini album is called "Riordanisms", and it stemmed from Elsie's 52 challenges. This one challenges you to make a book where you make a "record" of little sayings or words that your family uses... We need like a COUPLE of books for that!!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Paula, you are such an inspiration. Your layouts rock! And so do you!

What a great hubby you have. I have to beg mine to take me somewhere and still he doesn't.

Oh well, after 19 years, what do I expect? He's not changed yet. lol
Pauline said…
OH paula, sounds wonderful!
i guess with kids you want to get away with no kids we are begging people to go with us!

LOL
love the layouts girl and your fab little mini book! i love japanese steakhouses too...sounds like a fun little get away...lucky you!
Anonymous said…
Loving your stuff girl. Glad you had a good time at the party. My friends can be a little crazy. So happy that you and Brian got some R&R.
your family is so photogenic.....is that how you spell it? LOL
Great layouts!
So glad you got a few hours to yourself, some couple time and a pina colada!!!
scrapperjen said…
I love your scrappings!
How nice that you had a surprise getaway. That's such a treat!
Bethany E. said…
BEAUTIFUL layouts...AMAZING! And that tag book is so cool! That is hilarious about your sis, but nice that you two had some time away!
Ooh Paula! See this is precisely what I'm talking about (see my last comment on blog prior). It's funny, I think we were both at a Japanense Steak house on the same night, only at different joints! LOLOL!! (we went there last Sat. and I would have blogged about it IF I could get to my blog to post!!!!! waaaa, I can't figure out WHY!)

Anyway, Brian is AWESOME, a RARE breed indeed. You two are so darn cute together! I have to say that *I* am BLESSED to know you both and your family -

BTW, you go to a Pampered Chef party and DON'T invite ME? Now it's MY turn to drill you on these things!! (paying me back huh????)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg