Got Sleep?

I have a hard time sleeping when Brian is not around. Last night, after I finished blogging, I went to bed and watched some tv there. Tunned off at 12:30. At 1:20 {faithfully} in comes Coco. "Mommy, do you mind if I sleep with you?". Of course I don't mind at this hour and when Bri is not here. Get her in bed, and try to fall asleep again. 1:40, and Digger shows up in my room. It's rainning pretty hard and thunders are roaring. He's terrified, so I let him jump in bed between Coco and I. Does he lie down and goes to sleep? NAH! He's very nervous, so he's sitting up, turning around everytime he sees the white light and the rumble of the thunder. I start petting him and I fall asleep... almost. Now Digger is walking around in bed. Try to calm him down again. Maybe now I can go to sleep. Except Coco sleeps like a tornado and she hates covers. So, I start trying to get them back on myself and she kicks them again. Maybe now? Yeah, well, nah. Digger jumps off bed and starts walking around the room...
It's now 4:40, and I decide that sleep is a luxury commodity that should be sold in convenient packages at the supermarket.
Oh, the wonderful joys of parenthood!

Comments

i'm so with you! i don't sleep well, when dh is gone either...sometimes because of the kids and sometimes just because...love the pics from your previous post...need to go find dd some dora gloves now-thanks!! ;0)
Bethany E. said…
Oh man...hope you can get some decent sleep tonight! I can never sleep with out my hubby...too hard!! Guess what...I tagged you! Check out my blog!
kmmiller said…
Sleep is over rated. just joking. Hope you get some tonight.
Anonymous said…
I don't do well without my dh either and I'll be without him this weekend! Oh well, sleep IS highly overrated!

Better luck tonight chica.
Sleeping and parenting, seems like an oxy-moron to me - whatcha think???

I have to say I don't have any troubles sleeping in my own bed with or without DH (sorry honey!) But then I am the type of person that stays up to the point of complete exhaustion and basically pass out in 5 minutes!!!

Hope you're more rested these days!
L@ said…
A ver si ahora si se deja la cosa ésta...

Jajajajajaja! Pobre hermana mía, jajajaja.... y esa es justamente una muy sabía razón por la que aún no me convencen de ser madre!

Jajajaja..... aunque Oskar pone cara de chucho regañado y dice que a él si le gustarían... Y no me mal interpretes, a mí también me gustarían, si uno pudiera ponerlos en Off cuando más fastidían y guardarlos en lo más recóndito del armario :P

Jajajaja.... En cuanto a lo otro.... mi comprende también. Al principio me pasaba con Daniel, cuando no estaba (aunque fueron muy pocas veces) no me podía dormir sin él. Pero pues eso, que sólo me pasó unas dos o tres veces cuando mucho. Después pensé que no iba a dejar que ningún ente del sexo que fuera me quitara el sueño, así que le eche la bendición desde donde estaba yo, deseé que le alcanzara y le protegiera... Y yo? Yo me eche a roncar ;)

Ahora pienso, que si llega a existir el afortunado que desgraciadamente logre amarrarme, no dejaré jamás (siempre que mi voluntad sea fuerte, mi trabajo una mierda y mi cansancio un chingo) que me quite el seueño, nomás porque no esté... A ver si me sale... jejeje... :P

Te quiero mucho Hermano! Ojalá descanses bien... pronto... puedes intentar unas gotitas o unas pastillitas... la mamá de mi novio (Oskar) dice que la leche caliente ayuda.... Yo la neta te digo, si la leche no te forula, intenta con un par de chelas, una miche, 3 tequilas y verás cómo caes porque caes ;) Jajajaja, no te creas... jeje...

Muchos besos hermano! Por cierto, sorry, pero creo que tendré que esperar a la boda de Connor para poder conocerlo :P Pero pues ahí me lo saludas, junto con el otro dúo fantástico y tu simpático y bromiador marido, sales? Bye!

Jajaja, nos vemos hermano, ya me voy que ya va a venir Oskar y la neta, pos ni ganas tengo de mirarlo hoy, pero pues ya qué... el hombre insiste en que estemos como casados, sentenciados a vernos todo el tiempo, todos los días, aunque todavía no me haya echado la soga al cuello :S

Besos Pau, cuídate :D

Lov´U! :*

Jitita.
L@ said…
Por cierto, me encanta tu blogg, está bien chido hermano :P ;) :D
Lesli said…
Missed you tonight at the crop - hope all is well :)
Pauline said…
I am good for a few nights without tim and i will be without him for an extended period of time starting now ... so by next weekend i will be up all night!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High