As luck would have it...

Today I had an interpreting assignment in Wheaton, IL. If you know me, you know that I work from home EVERY SINGLE DAY, so I go out only to pick up Nicole at school (the morning kindergarten session ends at 11:15 a.m., what a weird time to end!), and to pick up Connor. Putting them together, it's not more than 400 yards I think, and it takes me about half an hour. So, when I have an assignment and I have to actually LEAVE home, I get all happy! I actually SEE human beings, LIVE (not over the phone or a camera!) and I get to STOP at ALL the craft stores that are on my way! (and there are plenty. Not quite on my way, in the strict sense of the sentence, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it)

Now, I need to explain this. Yesterday I saw this challenge to scrap a picture that you took "today". As it turns out, I took Nicole's picture yesterday (which was yestereday's today!)because she came out of school wearing her sweater inside out. It's one of those beautiful South American sweters that my sister gave to her on her b-day. So, as I started scrapping the pictures yesterday, I realized I needed papers and some other things.

And today I had the perfect chance to go. So, I stopped at Hobby Lobby, Archivers, JoAnn and Michaels, but I couldn't find ANYTHING that I liked. I had a very particular picture in mind. I did get a few other things that I needed (REALLY!), and came home.

And as I come up the driveway, what do I see???

My April kit from Creative Heats Studio! I know we all love that feeling, when we receive a box of goodies in the mail. But I open my box, and what do I find??? THE BEST PAPERS for the pictures I want to scrap! I was laughing, thinking that I went to all these places just to come home to exactly the things I would have wanted, had I seen them! I LOVE these kits! I know I still can't share a peak-a-roo with you, but I know these were THE papers I needed. In the meantime, I leave you with some of the pictures of Nicole and her sweater. It was funny, when she finally turned it out, she said, "I'm glad we did this, mom! Those animals really needed some air"!

Hugs to all!

Comments

Ooh Paula!!!

Isn't that the way it always is!? Sometimes things can be right under our noses! I LOVE this story and Nicole is so precious with her 'they need some air'!!! How stinkin cute!!!

I hear ya about adult contact too! Today was my heavy 'day out' and it was enjoyable albeit tiring by the day's end! It's great though, I'm not complaining!!! :)
it's always fun shopping for new goodies...and when you come home to even more goodies...can't beat it!
Holly said…
Don't work too hard. Sounds like you really need to get out more. When is hubby back from "paradise"?
Lucky him! Of course, he's IRISH (haha). Happy "Green" Day.
Anonymous said…
How cute was that exchange? She's funny, your cute little thang!
kmmiller said…
What a cute story. Those papers are perfect. I can't wait to play with mine.
Loreluca said…
Message to Holly: if you come back and read this, I don't have your blog address to visit you!!!! I tried to look for your it, but I couldn't get to it! Would you mind leaving a link, so I can go visit?
Thanks!
Hugs!
Paula
Holly said…
Sorry Paula, but my page is private. Because I consider it to be my "diary", my journal, it is off limits to everyone (family and friends too). Maybe one day I will make it public. For now...it's "for my eyes only."

Happy Spring!
Loreluca said…
Holly, count me in if it ever does!
Blessings to you! And thanks for visiting!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High