Diggy Boy

Some months ago, I decided to cut Diggy's hair. I was thinking that his haircut costs more than any of our family members', so I thought it would be a good idea to cut his hair by myself and save a few buckaroes. Of course, I bought the hairclip machine, and went ahead and tried to cut it. But it wouldn't go in! His hair was so thick, or my patience so thin, that that didn't work out. SO, not deterred by this minor inconvenience, I got my handy dandy scissors, and off I went to cut his hair...




This was a DISASTER! Poor Diggy Boy looked soooo bad, and on top of it, he looked ashamed! I swear, he had this horribible look of degradation, I felt so bad. So, I let his hair grow, and I took him to the groomers, after all. And this is him afterwards...











Now, two days after this haircut, he was SHIVERING! Everytime I saw him, he was shaking, the poor little thing! He'd get on the couch, shake, in his kennel, shake. So, against my better judgement, Cesar and I went to get him a shirt or a sweter or something, I felt so bad for him! And we got a "hoody" that is the cutest thing, and a skull bandana, to go with his new wardrobe. And finally, this is him:





I'm not quite sure that he is very happy now, but at least he doesn't shiver anymore. I also decided that I'm tired of his kennel, so we got him a nice bed that matches the colors in the kitchen, and a blanky, so we finally took out the kennel. Now, if you know me, you know that I've always felt it is ridiculous to put clothes on animals, but I felt bad that he was cold. I guess there's no way around it, I'm getting old!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG, I got Dani, our Doxie, the same things at Target. I think it's cute!!!!
Oh the trials and tribulations of four animals! I love how you went through systmatic steps with this whole ordeal and in the end he has to put something back on - you didn't say, will you be shaving him down again? The 'hoodie' is cute!
Anonymous said…
Love the dog. How is Connor with him. Mitchell so wants a dog.
LOL Poor Digger! LOL I have a Jack Russell but she's a smooth coat so she doesnt' require much grooming but I can see where she'd be offended if I even mentioned the mere fact! LOL!!
Adorable doggy-wear!! LOL Cracks me up because I AM one who dresses up her dogs! LMAO!!
XO
gabi
Pauline said…
Very cute outfit, probably better dressed than me .... and his hair cut i am sure cost more than mine!
Bethany E. said…
man, he looks so different after the haircut...lol! diggyboy is SO cute :)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg