So scary


These are my parents with my nephew Joselito...

It is so scary to be so far away from your parents, and get that dreaded call. Last Tuesday, my youngest sister called me at 2 pm to let me know that dad had {yet again} a blood clot about one centimeter long, lodged in his left arm, close to his heart. This is a problem that my dad has been facing since I was 16 years old, but he was always lucky, because his cloting always happened in his legs, far away from vital organs. But since 1997, they started "migrating", going up in his body, closer and closer to the heart, lungs and brain.

They took dad into surgery the same day. Thankfully, he's doing a lot better, fast recovering and feeling a lot better. by the time they were able to get the clot, it was already 2 inches long...
It is just a scary thought, but I am probably not going to be close to my parents when that day comes. I always think I am fully prepared for it, because I have loved my parents, and honored them as much as I have been able to. I have told them always how much I love them, and I've always tried to make it clear with my actions.

Yet, I really dread that moment. I know it will happen, and I know I probably won't be there to hold my parents' hands. I just hope that it is a painless moment, and that my sisters living close by are there to do it for me. I'm not being pesimistic, not looking for pitty. This is just a fact, the way it will be. I don't like being so gloomy in this forum, but I guess this time my fear was bigger than my common sense.

Comments

Hey my wonderful sweet friend....

I'm really sorry that your dad was in the hospital with this condition but I'm very glad he is doing so much better. Power of prayer!

I didn't get the feeling you were looking for pity, and I know you and know you're not like that. I just will feel bad that you can't be there, that is always the hardest thing ever, I feel the same way when it comes to my dad since he lives several states away.

Sending many hugs!!
Anonymous said…
Hope your papa is doing better soon.

I can't believe how much you look like your mom. That is so awesome.

You are all in my prayers.
Bethany E. said…
I will be praying for you dad! I'm glad he's doing better now, but I know what you mean about making sure those you love know you love them...you never know what can happen :)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High