Not there yet...

Well, this was just totally unexpected. Brian is not the impulsive type. Everything has to be planned and well thought of before hand, every risk measured and calculated. So, when I told him about my friend Maria, who turned her garage into a beauty salon, he was not all that thrilled to go and see. It wasn't in his schedule!

But, hey, it's me we're talking about. So, we went to see. And Mike, the neighbor that did her room, came up with this plan: let's close the open space in your dining room, to give you more space for a room and a loft upstairs. So, we went for it. Now, since it was going to be a $ counsciencious budget, some of the work was supposed to be done by us (the painting and such).

They finished the room and the loft yesterday, but now, we must finish all the painting and the touch ups. I would show you a lot more, but my camera is out of batteries, and I can't find the battery charger. So, tomorrow I'll go and buy one, come and take more pics, and share them with you. Then again, we still have so much work to do! We didn't even have a chance to put down our Christmas decorations before they started with the construction work (we celebrate the epiphany, so we needed our tree and Christmas decor still for the Three Wise Men!)

Connor's room is so cozy, and so is my office / scrap area! I'll post pics when I can!






This is what the house looked like before...







This is what it looks like now (the floor is finished now, though!)



This is my office... Love the color!!! Pretty intense!

Comments

Ooh Paula I can't wait to see more finished pictures! I've been dying to see this ever since you told me about it last week!! I actually can't wait to come over and see it first hand! BTW, LOVE the burnt orange color!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to seeing it all done. I love new projects, especially when they are done. Love the color in your office.
Pauline said…
Paula --- you are coming through this and still smiling .. god love you and your strength!
Anonymous said…
Same color as my family room is. Great taste chica! Can't wait to see the complete finished job!!!
Bethany E. said…
Cool! So excited to see the pics of the finished room!
Anonymous said…
Love the color - can't wait to see it all done. I'm looking forward to seeing all your ideas for the crative challenge.
Anonymous said…
i love that color paula. how exciting - can't wait to see finished pix.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High