It's The Most Wonderful Time!













I love the holidays! I loved seeing all our old friends for Thanksgiving. I was glad I was able to sit at Marsha's table and say grace with Auntie Cathy. I was glad to see Rachel and Casie, and have my sister Hilda and nephew Gus with us! It was wonderful to see Coco all dressed up... and, like every time he spends this date elsewhere, we missed our Big Brother Cesar.

Yesterday was my anniversary, and Brian sent beautiful roses, and five calla lillies, my favorite flowers, one for each year of marriage. I love calla lillies, probably because they remind me of my beautiful Abuelita Paula, and how wonderful her hands were, and her soft voice. I loved having coffee and bread with her.
It was also my parents' anniversary, and the first anniversary my Abuelita Tere has to spend without Abuelito Luis. All day long I thought of them and the 59 awsome years they spent together as husband and wife... What a testimony of love and faith.

I love these days, when the cold weather makes us stay home bound, with friends and family. Today, Brian had to work from home, school was closed, and I took the day off. I spent the day scrappin' and taking pictures of the ordinary little things that make life wonderful. Connor crawling all over the kitchen floor, playing with plastic containers, pots and empty boxes, instead of his toys; or sitting in his chair, his face a study of carrots and apples. Coco dressing up as fancy as her imagination will permit. Cesar {of course} wouldn't let me take a picture of him playing Nintendo in his bedroom (the zoom didn't work, since he SMELLED me a mile away!) Coco's friends making silly faces and noises, driving me insane. Diggy boy running around, chasing the falling snow, playing soccer / basketball in the middle of the storm, just so happy to be around. Brian working from home, trying to hold a conference call in the middle of such chaos.
Life is good. Life is really, really good. Thank you Lord, for all my blessings. Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great pics and stories about your family. I could read them like a book and feel like I really know them. thanks for that feeling. your the best. p.s. didn't you just love the snow today? he he!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High