Happy Birthday, My sweet baby boy!



One year ago today, Connor was being born, just about now, a bit after 10, as I remember, although I don't remember much! Connor Patrick, such a sweet, serene, passionate, hectic, temperamental presence in our lives, all at the same time. I tell Brian that I fell in love with this younger, toothless version of him. I can only thank the Lord Almighty for honoring and blessing our family by giving Connor to us. But I also thank Abuelito Luis somehow...

One year ago, abuelito Luis, my dearest grandparent, went to Heaven one week before Connor was born, on December 10th. I couldn't go say good bye, since the pregnancy with Connor was so advanced and difficult, but I can't help to think that Abuelito Luis watched after him from Heaven above, when he was born five weeks early and stayed behind at the hospital. For some reason, I also feel my Abuelito's spirit in this child. And then again, I've always said that Brian reminds me of that happy, silly, compassionate, fabulous man Abuelito was. God bless our beautiful Connor... Abuelito, I can feel your love still, and I sure will tell Connor about the awsome man that is such a great part of his heritage.
Such a bummer our Noni and Papa couldn't come over. Noni was finally released yesterday, but she's still in need of rest and therapy... We hope to have her better in a week for Christmas Day!
















Comments

Anonymous said…
happy birthday connor. what sweet pictures!! that is a beautiful remembrance of your Abuelito.
Lissa Ballard said…
What a precious post Paula! Happy birthday to sweet Connor (a bit late).

I firmly believe your Abuelito Luis is watching over this sweet baby. My youngest was born 3.5 years after my mother passed away and he knows her. Really knows her. Knows things she said, has some of her expressions, knew her name though no one had ever told her what it was. Eerie but very comforting too.

God bless,
Lissa
Anonymous said…
Ah, I remember the days when I had one year olds ... time goes so fast!

I'm sure that you are absolutely correct about Abuelito Luis! You would know!
so sweet! look how he loves that cake! Thanks for sharing so many photos.
Oooh I remember when he was born! For whatever insane reason you had to call me and tell me your swaps were going to be late!!! So it'll be a time I don't forget and wow how time flies....

It's also very touching to read about your Abulito and your remembrance of him in your child. Thanks for sharing my friend!

Happy Belated Birthday Connor!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg