It's begginning to look a lot like Christmas...

In our home, that is! Boy, this has been quite a month for us at home, but it's been such a nice time, too! And for me, personally, this month was absolutely amazing! Goin to the scrapbooking retreat was so rejuvenating... well, in a sense, anyways! At my age, nothing brings back youth (ha!) but it was a very, very nice break. Getting to know so many nice, VERY nice ladies was such a positive respite on the road.

In any event, this weekend, we put up our Christmas tree. We usually do it the weekend of Thanksgiving, on Saturday. We start the day with Christmas music, bring out all decorations and I usually cook a "fancy" meal, and we invite Papa & Noni over for dinner and a movie. But this year, Cesar won't be with us for Thanksgiving, so we had to "rush in" our little celebration. As Cesar grows, I guess is less exciting to put up the tree, since there's no more Santa excitment, but I really am trying hard for Coco and Connor, and sometimes I have to remind Cesar that we still have them and we need to do it for them. I am so proud of this boy, though. Made the honor roll in Jr High this quarter!

This year, there was no fancy meal, we just went out for Mexican food at Chapala. We didn't have a chance to watch the movie, since Noni and Papa came over a little later than usual, and they didn't bring the yearly ornaments, but this year I decided to get them for the kids. It's been kind of spotty so far, because some years I would get them, some others, Noni, but this year I decided to get them, and wrap them as little presents. Coco was fascinated. I love to see that twinkle in her eyes... I hope they keep these traditions with their own families when they grow up.

Coco got a Ballerina. Connor, a baby on a high chair. Cesar, a Homer Simpson kissing a jar of SYRUP. Brian, a Santa bending a golf club on his knee. Diggy boy, a doggy playing with a basket ball. And I got an I {heart} Scrapbooking one (what else!!!)

In any event, today we went to my cousin's granddaughter's baptism, and it was, as all of her events, GRAND. Brian was asking if I thought it was a little too much... I think if you have the money and want to do so, well good for you! The dress was about ten times larger than Mariah Giselle, and it was ordered {hand made, of course} in Spain. The cake was an individual cross... one cross cake for each guest. We had Elmo, Dora, Whinnie and Pigglet for entertainment. And the party favors are Swarovski crystal angels, with matching rosary...

Coco had the time of her life, she danced with all the characters and played all the games. It was such a wonderful time. I was just happy to see my very, very large family all together. And very, very excited to do Coco's hair. I grew up very "tomboyish", so I never really got into the doing my hair-nails kind of thing. So, this is the first time I blow-dry Coco's hair, and use the curling iron (and probably the second time I ever use either one of them). I really liked her hair, and Coco felt just like a princess...

What a bunch of sweet-sugary thing I write about, boy! You'd think I live in some sort of La-la land! What can I say? I am just a very blessed person, no doubt!

Well... Blogger is not in the mood for pictures. I'll try to post those tomorrow!

Comments

Paula, no no no! It's too early for the tree! NO! :)
We don't even get ours until the forst weekend in Dec.
Sounds like you had a great time at the retreat. I want to see your layouts! Also the family time at the baptism sounds like a day!
Anonymous said…
O bummer..I wanted to see photos! I think I will put my tree up this weekend too! I LOVE this season too. :)
Pauline said…
Oh Paula - I was waiting for pictures of Princess CoCo ...
Anonymous said…
WOW it is not even December yet, and your whole house is decorated! Super cuute! We are in the process of doing that too...
Awww...what a great tradition you do for the kids/family. Funny thing is that I have a similar one only I have never thought about wrapping them up and handing them out during decoration time (now that you've given me this fabulous idea...think I will have to do just that since we haven't put up our tree yet!!!)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High