Saturday Afternoon


My dear friend Tracie called me on Saturday. "What are you doing?" Of course, I am doing NOTHING interesting. Just laundry. so, here comes Tracie... "We're coming to get you, we wanted to go to the demonstration at your lss". We means Tracie and Tiffany, another friend from an online yahoo group that lives locally. Wowsers! that is just such a nice thing to do. It's been quite a while since I went out with the girls, just to "cruise', so to speak. No particular hurry, just going out and enjoying the afternoon. We had lunch at Cano's Mexican Restaurant (yummi stuff!). I had ceviche, which left me stinking like fish AND onions for the rest of the week!!! *sigh*


Then, we went to The Peddler's Den, and low and behold, the lady giving the demonstration is the same lady who helped me SOOO much at my last class at CHA!! I was a total reck, couldn't keep up with the class (Tracie and I call it my natural blondiness - no offense, just a silly joke of ours), and she was the nicest lady around! Well, I cannot recall her name, but she is the nicest and she did remember helping me , which i find a little embarrasing. She made several cards at the demo.


Then, on our way back, we found the CUTEST store ever! it's funny how sometimes you can pass a hundred times the same place, and never really SEE it! It was just soo cute, and they had candy like "back in the day", in jars, and selling them by the piece. And very old fashion candy, too! In the pictures you can see those sheets of wax paper with candy dots in Tiffany's hands (now, do you remember, or am I just making my 37 years all too evident ????) It was just a nice, nice afternoon, followed by a nice dinner with uncle Nathan and aunt Jean... I really enjoyed my Saturday! Thank you, Tracie and Tiffany, for coming to get me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You mean the stores in Sandwich? Red geranium or something like that? There is also Two sisters and another one across the street too! and another one around the corner! FUN DAY!!!!
OMG you goofy girl!!! How cute and fun that you posted this! It was truly a most NEEDED DAY OUT for me! Thank you for coming along, showing us more of IL that we have NEVER seen! (Lemme tell ya, it's waaaay country out there!)

That store was just too darned cute! And, where are our pics???
When are you guys coming to get me? I wanna go too!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High