the highlight of my days

If someone would have told me at 21 that at age 37, I would wake up looking forward to taking my daughter to school, I would have laughed so hard. I would have told them they had NO CLUE who I was, and the nice corner office I would have...
YET, it is true! This is my favorite thing to do. I feel SO proud every morning when I walk up that path, and find other moms with their kids. We all say hi, we all look after each other's kids, and we all stand there for a few minutes talking about our days. But that is really on my way back. On my way to school, Coco and I play hopscotch, and she always wins. And then, we "tap dance" a silly dance inside some other squares painted on the ground. Then, I have to {reluctantly} let her go, and come back home to start my morning... but I feel so proud! I can't describe how ood this silly little ritual of ours makes me feel!
I sure am trying to enjoy it while it lasts, fall is here and colder weather may prevent us from doing this pretty soon. in the meantime, one of these days, MAYBE, and only MAYBE, I will win...

Comments

scrapperjen said…
I love it! What a wonderful post about an "everyday" thing.
Anonymous said…
First of all have I told you how pretty this blog looks? :) and then how pretty that post was! you are killing me!! (smile smile)
The simple things in life make it worth living!! Enjoy each and every second of this time in your's and Coco's life. These days go by SO quickly! ENJOY THEM!!
XO
Gabi
Great new blog my friend!!!

I think it's WONDERFUL that you have such a cute and fun ritual that you do with Coco, it will most definitly be something she will come to remember and cherish! Oh and don't count on every winning..... ;)

XO!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High