Coco, the Artist


Nicole is slowly getting used to this kind of activity after school, and I am SOOO loving it! Tuesday after school, she came home and asked me if she could use my "pretty scissors", because she wanted to make some cards for her friends at Ms. Amy's (her daycare provider.) She has decided she rather come home to mommy than go to daycare, but she wanted to make something special for all her friends.

So, she went ahead and cut her "cards" and I prepared the table for her to work on, along with some paints. Since i wasn't looking at all times (I was right in the next door room, my office, she was in my bedroom, watching NOGGIN as she worked), it took a lot of bravery on my part to leave her alone with pain in my room (last time that happened, it happened to be black pain, which ended on my carpet AND the TV screen, it was a nightmare to clean! Then again, she was 2 and a half.)

In any event, she was so proud of herself when she finished! She wanted me to stop working at the moment to go and deliver her treasures! We did go when I was done, and I was so proud of her. She was soooo happy. Today we may start a "real" scrapbook. My friend Tracie AKA "Donna Gambino", gave her a scrapbook kit for her B-day, and I think she is now ready to use it again (she tried right after her b-day in June, but she wasn't very careful, yet!)

I may be creating a scrappin' MONSTER here! She told me the other day, that she wants to be a professional scrapbooker when she grows up. of course, she then reminded me that she wants to be an "everything" girl. I'm sure she will. If she gets the blessing of being a mom, I'm sure she will be an "everything" girl.

PS.- DONNA, I just could NOT resist!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
How awesome! GO for it lil one..chase your dreams and we can all oogle over your designs in the mags somedays!
Anonymous said…
she looks like she is deep into her creative self - too cute!!!
Pauline said…
Looks like such FUN!
wow, look at her go! So nice to see a creating child.
Paula you are too funny! I'm all to glad I could help aid in a future scrapbooker!! YOU GIRL COCO!!!!

She looks like she's having the time of her life, I think it's fantastic she's finding her own place in a very creative world!
She's right in the zone! I am so glad she is enjoying ART!!! It's moments like this that I look forward to seeing my girls in!
~gabi

ps- Donna?.... hmmm gotta explain tht one.......

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High