Plank Jr. High

Last Thursday, Cesar had his Jr. High open house. It's a brand new school, so everybody was sooo excited to go to this new place. The original plan was for Brian to be here and take him, or for all of us to go, but Brian, of course, was sent to the Indiana office at the last minute, so he couldn't get here on time. And that left ONLY the option of mom taking him and his friend Aaron to the open house... With the two li'l ones in tow, mind ya!














I was sooo aggravated, because I felt that Cesar was soooo embarrassed to walk around with Coco and Connor, and me. I had to bring myself back to his age, to try to understand that I, too, wanted my parents to leave me alone, but not VERY alone :) I just wanted to feel like a grown up, and my parents all the time around me made me feel so much like a kid. Of course, at 11 you feel like a woman already (naturally!)

In any event, I really wanted Brian to be there, to walk with me and help me with the kids in the neverending sea of noisy, annoying, running and very loud teenagers! He did make it there at 8:15 p.m, just in time to come in and walk out. After all, I think Cesar understood that I could relate, and there was not much I could do. I tried NOT to take pictures when others were looking, but it's getting more and more difficult to make him pose for my camera. Coco, on the other hand, doesn't mind at all.

I must say, Coco was very good, but Connor was outstanding. Didn't cry once, he was just chewing on his toy the whole 2 hours, and he never touched his hat! it's funny how different my kids are. Coco hated anything in her head, we could never make her keep her hats to save our lives (to this day, she cannot stand ANYTHING on her hair!)

Well, junior high, here we come!


Oh! PD.- I just love my blogger too much... I can't get used to typepad. I guess I'll keep trying, today my blogger is the nicest, loading all my pics just like I wanted!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am sure that he will look back some day and be extremely grateful that mom was there. it's a wonderful thing to be there for your kids, even when they "think" they don't want you there.
How exciting! A brand new school! Our town just built a new high school but It'll be many, many years before I'd ever see it! HA!
I'm sure you're a proud mommy!
Anonymous said…
very exciting and nerve-racking for kids at this age..you are a great mom! Here is to another school year... good luck to all us mommies too ;)
Pauline said…
Oh paula he is all grown up now! What a great mom to realize what he is feeling!
Jr High!!! YIKES, you made my heart skip a beat. I am still getting used to Lucas being in the second grade.
How exciting for a Ceszar to be staring Jr. High, and in a brand new school! Tommy's school is brand new too! How funny, huh??

I tried to think how I would have felt at that age (mind you, Jr. High for me was 7th/8th Grade, not 6th). And I have 2 younger brothers, but my goodness that was SO LONG AGO! I don't know how I would have felt...now imagine by the time my little guys get to that age, I really will have NO CLUE!!!

You always do and say the right things, Ceszar just doesn't realize or appreciate that (yet) but he will come to one day!! Keep the faith my friend!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA