My Baby Girl is NO MORE













I am so sad. Today we went to buy a BIG GIRL bed for Nicole, since her toddler bed is no longer a good one for her. Her feet were sticking out all the time, and if she moved, she'd hit herself against the railings. But I have to say, all day long I've been kind of down, and I couldn't put my finger on it... until I saw her old bed coming out, and the new one go in. I was fighting back my tears as I saw her helping dad to put her bed together...

She's always telling us she wants to be an EVERYTHING GIRL when she grows up, because she likes everything. And today she added CARPENTER to the list!

I know I should be happy that she is growing. I know I should feel blessed that she wants to learn and go to school, and is so willing to discover and explore her world. But today, I am sad for the baby girl that no longer is. I cannot even imagine what will it be like come September 1st.

I didn't mean to be downish... I guess tomorrow I will feel a lot better!

Comments

((((((((PAULA)))))))))!!!!

Although my boys have had big boy beds for some time now, I still can relate to 'baby growing up'!! Today, being August 1st, I realized that Tommy starts his first day of Kindergarten in just 3 short weeks!!! Depressing to say the least.

What you're going through is quite natural and we will overcome it (one day, MAYBE!!!) We always have each other to lean on for this one!!!!
Ooo Paula! I am exactly where you are RIGHT NOW! My daughter is 4 and she's the size of a 6 year old (6x) and it's very hard to see her transitioning to a new bed! ( her crib/daybed transforms to a double bed )
We have yet to do this as we're moving soon, but I know that when we disassemble her crib/daybed and re-assemble it as a BED, I will feel exactly as you do!
Big Hugs~
XO
Gabi
I guess it's a good thing I skipped the toddler bed. We went straight from the crib to a big boy bed. Only having one child, these steps can be crushing.
How did she sleep? I bet she loves it.
Pauline said…
HUGS to Paula.
This is an exciting time in her life! I bet she loves her BIG GIRL bed!
Think now Paula of all the things you can lay in the bed and chat with her about!
Loreluca said…
Well, Pauline is SO right! Nicole loves her bed, but I especially loved being able to lay in it with her!!!! We watched Anastasia in her bed last night, and it was soooo cool!

I guess something good can come from something sad :) Then again, I still have Connor to kiss and kiss some more like a BABY (until he can start running away from me, anyways!)
Anonymous said…
See now you can cuddle!!!!!!!! next steps are just as great as the first ones :) They are just different :)
Anonymous said…
it is hard when they grow up. just enjoy every step of the way.

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High