This brave little girl


I cannot believe that we went to the dentist and Coco wasn't terrified. I still am, and I remember how scared I was the first time I went. It wasn't fun. But Coco, just like her Big Brother before her, was not afraid, although her best friend went last week and came back crying. She was cool as lettuce. She got her teeth cleaned and polished, and she did just fine.

Of course, when it comes to me, it's not so nice and easy. I was a real disaster, so when she finished and came to the room where I was, I asked the dental assistant to take her to the room with the toys, since I didn't want her to see me distraught. I hate what a baby I am, but boy, just talking about the dentist makes me uneasy.

And so, the news is that I have very serious periodontal disease (which I already new), and I will be losing 3 more molars since the bone has been lost so much in that point of my jaw, that the molars are really not anchored anymore (which I didn't know). That's such a major bummer. Then, they'll try to combat the disease, and make an evaluation later, see where are we standing. It's a real bummer, but not really surprising. My grandmothers (both) have lost all of their teeth by age 40, and seems that I inherited their genes. Oh, well, I'm not even going to cry over it. Not much that can be done at this point, anyways... I guess I'll get use to either steaks in the blender OR dentures. Worse things have happened to me.

Anyways, I'm getting ready for CHA tomorrow... I'll be taking as many classes as can be accomodated in the whole show. I'll have to take pictures and post. I will also be meeting the ladies from the website in which I am a DT... I am sooo excited!

Gotta go to bed, tomorrow I have to be at my friend's at 6:15 to get going... tah-tah for now!

Comments

so sorry about your teeth. You have the right attitude.
You're going to CHA? Now who's green? ME!!!!
Ugh! Jaw/Teeth pain/disorder is the WORST! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that they can come up with a painless solution.
Coco is such a trooper!!! She's adorable and looks sooooo SMALL sitting in that big chair! *sigh* You must be so very proud! She obviously didn't detect your stress about the whole situation because she looks cool as a cucumber sitting there!! WAY TO GO COCO!!!
Can't wait till you get home from CHA and blog and tell us all about it!!!!
XO
Gabi
Aaaaw way to go Coco! Both my boys did super well at all their visits! Heck, they love going to get their 'free' toothbrush and toy afterwards!!

Sorry to hear about your toothy problems...you have such a BEAUTIFUL smile!!! I'm sure no matter what happens, you'll NEVER lose that smile! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg