July 15... Where did half of my summer go???



I cannot believe that it's already July 15 (ok, technically, July 16). I haven't sat down at my desk except for the time when I have to work; everyday is a hurricane of activity that leaves me exhausted and brain dead. Can't believe classes will be starting so soon. Can't believe my Nicole is going to Kinder this year. But since I don't want to get depressed, I'll think about it some other time.

Right now, I just want to write down a few of the many, many impressions of life, before I forget them all.

Nicole is, without a doubt, the most beautiful ballerina I have ever seen. I can't believe how proud, excited and slightly sad I felt when I saw my little girl there like a little lady, learning to use her tipi-toes and all the positions. She's also taking jazz, it was just so funny to see her trying to follow with the other girls. I was a little concerned, because I saw that she didn't seem to be learning as fast as the other girls, but then, the teacher explained that the other kids have been doing this since June, and I felt at ease.

Of course, being this our family, taking Nicole to her class was an event to which the whole family, including Noni, Cesar and two of his friends, had to attend. Brian was beaming, although quite honestly, I think the teachers were relieved when they saw our gipsy procession leave the installations. All in all, it was 6 people watching Nicole. I am so glad she's not a little older, I'm sure she would've been embarrassed.

Connor started rolling over, but he still can't take his other arm from underneath right away, so for a few minutes he looks very uncomfy struggling to win the battle over his weight, which is no small task for a child of almost 20 pounds. He's such a happy go lucky little boy!

Today, we had a long, long talk with Cesar. It was the birds and the bees one, and it was sooo interesting to see how TV can be such a confusing gadget. We were explaining about erections (I can't believe I just wrote that word!), and he had a zillion questions, all of them very smart. But we were laughing so hard when he asked us what is ED (Erectile Disfunction). Well, we explained it to him, and he was telling us how he was so scared, because he thought that ED was an erection, and he thought that was the illness. He woke up one morning and he was so concerned, he told us, thinking how was he supposed to explain to his wife (when he gets married) that he has ED in the MORNINGS? We were laughing so hard.

I hate having this conversation with him, but we need to have him prepared to face the world out there... He has one of his classmates calling him EVERY DAY from Florida, where she is on vacation. He has told her numerous times he doesn't want to go out with her, but she keeps calling (makes me wonder, where in tarnation are the PARENTS???), three, four, FIVE times a day! So, I really am feeling very concerned, we needed to sit down with him and explain about abstinence, in which we believe strongly, and responsibility. I cannot believe my son is growing so fast!



As for me, I am so happy I had the opportunity to scrap! I had to make a deadline for the projects for the DT at Creative Hearts Studios... It was difficult, because I really never use these colors, but here we go! Tell me what you think! (the altered item is a Gerber baby food plastic container...) Opinions are greatly appreciated. And also excited that I get to go to CHA with the lady from my LSS (now online only!). I'm booked for every class I could get... let see how that goes! Can't wait for Thursday!

OK, Blogger is not in the mood today, so I'll have to try a pic of my altered item on a separate entry!

Comments

I hope you took lots of pictures of Nicole at her dance class. My 4 year old can't stand the thought of dance class and she's "not at ALL in any way shape or form gonna go!" So..*sigh* I have to live through my friend's kids I guess! LOL GO NICOLE!!!!
*yikes* What a thought! Having to have 'the discussion' with your kid ! I don't envy you for having to do that, one bit! I know my time will come but I am sitting back here, reading YOUR encounter with it, rolling on the floor, laughing my butt off! I am soooo glad you guys weren't completely mortified about it and that Cesar is such a well-rounded intelligent young man. From the way I read it, he didn't really seem uncomfortable at all. I've seen photos you've posted of him and yes, you'll be beating the girls off with sticks. He's a good looking kid! Girls will be swarming!!!!!
Love your scrap style! I am on a DT too - http://www.timetoscrap.com and I LOVE the challenges of it all. I think it's a great exercise to have to creat out of our own comfort zones with using colours and embellishments that aren't exactly "our style". It helps us, as artists, to branch out and MAKES us try new stuff!
ya done good!!
can't wait to see more of your work!
Don't think about Summer ending....Enjoy the moment!
XO
Gabi
Pauline said…
Paula,
I love your pages they are great ... Soon you will wish for the day that Connor is struggling to roll over because in a few days you will be having that talk with him!
OMGosh! I am dreading that talk. :) Good job mom!
Great layouts. Love that paper. Fun fun fun!
Oooh Paula!!!

Nicole IS a beauty! I'm sure she was the most beautiful!! Sounds like summer is going well even if it's half over! (Think of it as another half to go of tons of fun!)

And WOW....'the talk'!!! I think it was ADORABLE that Cezar thought ED was the opposite of what it really is! Who woulda thunk??? I definitely don't long for that talk!!!

Great layout as usual!!! Your rock, no wonder you're on a DT!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High