One of those days...

All three of my kids had to see the doctor today. Cesar's going into junior high and to a daycamp for three weeks at his dad's, so he needs two physicals; Nicole is going to Kinder, and needs a physical AND 3 shots, and Connor just turned 6 months yesterday, so he needed his OTHER 3 shots. Ok, now, scheduling all your kids together may be a time saver, but I'm not quite sure that the mental sanity comes out of there with flying colors.

Coco and Cesar kept bickering and arguing about EVERYTHING, Connor was very uncomfy, and I was getting a bad bad headache. So, I am trying to keep peace between the two older, and Cesar's responses were getting me so frustrated. It's not what he says, but the attitude that I start seeing in this quasi-teenager that makes me get soooo angry. And there is just NO WAY of reasoning with him, because he just can't see what my point is. So, as I was driving, trying to bite my tongue not to keep this whole fight going, I went back in time, and realized this is what my mother must have meant when she told me about MY ATTITUDE as she wanted to pull her hair out in frustration (actually, MY HAIR!!!).

And then, I felt peace remembering my mom's words: "But one day, Paula, I swear to you, one day you will have children of your own... and then, I WILL LAUGH." Now, that brought a smile to my face and even a chuckle, as I kept thinking to myself: "But one day, Cesar, you'll have children of your own... and that day, if I'm still around to see it, I WILL laugh!!"

I had to call my mom as soon as I walked in. I had to give her the pleasure of finally laughing, just like she promised she would 25 years ago.

Comments

Ah.... my mom says the same thing to me! HA! it's funny sometimes but when I'm really angry with the girls it just aggrivates me MORE to think of my mother saying those things to me about me getting mine when I have kids. *GRRRRRRRR!*
My girls are being extra difficult today and coming here to read your blog made me feel a little better knowing that my kids aren't the only ones who behave like this!!
have a sweet day!
XO
~Gabi
yep, Lucas was showing me a bit of his big 2nd grader attitude today too. Much easier to squash when he's only 7. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Paula! LOL that is great, I think all our moms have said that to us! I will have to share this with mine tomorrow since I will be taking her to the airport.

Good to know all moms go through this and those that don't.... well what do they know anyway??? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High