Guaranteed against stupidity?

This has been a crazy, crazy week. Busy, just hectic all together. But I think Tuesday should've been a good indicator of what was to be expected when it comes to craziness.

It turns out I didn't have any food cooked, since I had a full day of work, that's why I was so happy to realize that my family had ordered pizza on Sunday before anyone realized that we were supposed to go to a cookout at my friend Amy's; the pizza, of course, ended up in the fridge, and was perfect for me to serve.

But of course, nobody likes pizza in the microwave, so I just turn on the oven and go upstairs to finish a couple of things. Then, Coco and Cesar come upstairs.
"Mom, what are you cooking in the oven?" Asks Coco
"Nothing, I'm just heating it to put in the pizza as soon as daddy is closer to home"
"Well, something sure smells funny", says Cesar (what does he knows about anything?).


















So I try to pay attention... Yup, it does smell funny, alright. I'm trying to put my finger on it as I approach the kitchen, but it's not until I open the oven door that I find the express pasta makers that I JUST BOUGHT last week from QVC, with the recipe book and thermal holder inside. I was using one of them for the first time on Saturday, during Coco's b-day party, to make the hot dogs for the kids, and since the other 3 were on the way, I just shoved them inside the oven door. Of course, needless to say, they were melted into the rack. MAAAAN! I can't believe it! Now, I know these things are guaranteed for life, but I wonder if the guarantee covers "Acts of dementia and stupidity"... What can I say? At least I'm lucky that I didn't burn the house down and nobody was intoxicated by dangerous fumes (that plastic sure smells funny when it burns!).

Can't wait for a little vacation FROM ME!!!

Comments

I have done that!!! That 'mystery smell' for me indicated that I had left a plastic salad bowl in the oven. Soft plastic. Gross. It melted like candle wax and dripped all over the inside of the oven. It was completely GROSS!! Were you able to clean the oven? *ugh* there's nothing like plastic flavoured pizza! HA!!!
PS - Ooo REAL Mexican food?? *sigh* Now that's a concept that's hard to grasp, all the way over here in NJ. All we have is TACO BELL and lemme tell ya.... that's just YUCKY!!!!
Last time I had REAL, EXCELLENT, DELICIOUS, Mexican food was before I moved to NJ from Colorado. Every year when we go home to visit, that's the 1st place we go!
OMG Paula!!! Can I just say that our house nearly caught a blaze when I found a kitchen towel in our broiler?? (it was our precious little Nick that put it in there unbeknowest to me!!)

Did you call QVC and the verdict is??????

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High