Bowling Birthday Bash

Last Saturday, my dearest Coco turned 5!!! It's about time I mention her B-day party!

This year, Coco wanted to have her party at a Bowling ally. Originally, she wanted Chuck E. Cheese, but her friend Michael is terrified of Chucky himself. Last year we had her B-day party there, and Michael spent most of it underneath the table, with Brian (thank you, dad!). So, being the sweet girl she is, she opted for a party at a bowling place. Funny, becase Michael didn't even show up this year, but hey, we certainly had a good time.

It was a LOT of fun to see all the kids playing, and some of the parents, too! Most of the kids could bearely surround the ball with both arms and hands, and some of the shots felt like sloooow motion, but they made it! Tracie and her family came aaaaall the way from New Lenox, and her kids were the best bowlers in town (I can't say that very loud, since Coco would probably throw a fit!).

In any event, after the party, we came home to have a meal. The original idea was to have real Mexican food, but on second thought I decided for a combo, with arracheras marinated Mexican style, and corn and potatos. See, my in laws, bless their heart, love me dearly and are always very much into "my" stuff, but the hot food is still NOT their fav, so I usually end up with boatloads of food in my fridge. And this year, Brian marinated the meat!!! I must admit it was very good, although NOT as good as mine!

My friend Amy also came afterwards. Her kids are like my kids' sibblings, really, and she also brought her huge inflatable bouncy house, so the kids really had a good time. Poor little Digger (our small little dog) was never with them, though, since Jessica, Amy's youngest, is terrified of him. Such a shame, since it's very entertaining to see him play-attack the basketball in our back yard. I learned to make Margaritas (and quite honestly, they were GOOD!), and had a very, very good time.

Coco received the coolest presents, all as girly as it gets, and she was thrilled to get a scrapbooking kit from Tracie, because now we can scrapbook together! My sister Hilda also gave her a 6 x 6 scrapbook album, so we are all ready to start scrapin' away now! It is soooo good to have friends and family to share these moments. I just feel saddened that my parents and rest of my family are so far away in Mexico, and can't enjoy all of this! Boy, do we miss them!

Welll, I tried posting the pics, but for some reason, I can't... those will have to come later!

Comments

Happy Birthday Coco!! Tracie said that your birthday party was soo much fun! You are 5 months older than my M'Kayla and I know you 2 would get along wonderfully! She loves to scrapbook too!! I hope all your dreams come true this year! XO~ Gabi in NJ ;)
Sounds like everyone had a great time! Happy Birthday Coco!
I have been so lucky! Lucas has not begged for a chuckie cheese party. But bowling we have done! Love that.
Yes the party was a hit! That funway alley (all in 1) was so clean, so friendly, so nice! Julius and I were both impressed to say the least (and sad that it is so far from our home!)

Thanks again for the wonderful meal, we had a great time my friend!!!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg