Speech Day / The Wright Brothers


Well, today Cesar had to give his speech about the Wright Brothers. They were given the opportunity to chose a person or persons who had great impact in the world, and he chose them. He worked all month long preparing and yesterday, we were preparing the visual aids for him. Now, being a scrapbooker AND a perfectionist-control freak that I am, I started planning his board, the layout, the phrases, etc., when I realized MY SON IS 11. He's going to Jr. High. It's ok to let go. He can do this, and he can do a good job.

SO... making use of all my willpower, I handed over the pics I printed, and let him fly. And fly he did! I loved the "LO" he created, and the speech was superb! And what a concept, I can actually sit back and relax, instead of worrying like crazy and frantically trying to do his work for him. He was supposed to be dressed in character, too, and I must admit we were laughing so hard, because without the tie, he looked like a mobster. Today his presentation went PERFECT, and the teacher gave him an A+ . Yipee!

Comments

Congratulations Cesar! you did a great job and you definitely deserved the A+!!! (Way to go, mom! Letting go is hard, isn't it?! He sure did a fantastic job 'flying solo' !!!
~Gab

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg