Now, the flu



So, what is next??? Last night, Brian gets home, and I am just soooo tired, I fall asleep almost immediately (I'd say I was asleep by 8!!!). Woke up a couple of times during the night, and boy, did my throat hurt or what! Wake up this morning (at 4:30, with Connor, of course), and the throat is killing me (aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!).

So, in spite of my deep and profound desire to lose some baby weight that seems to keep finding its way back to my rear end AND belly, I go to the freezer and take out some chocolate ice cream. I don't care who tells you what, there's nothing like a good tequila and a good ice cream to cure a nasty flu. And since I can't drink at 4:30 in the morning (or at any other time, really, because we do not usually drink, and therefore I do not have any tequila, only Baileys, the Irish cream that goes perfect with my Irish hubby), I can only have ice cream. And Ice cream I had, I think I ate the whole 1/2 gallon we had left. The throat, of course, stopped hurting for a good while, though not long enough for as much weight as i'll gain from that ice cream, if you ask me.

But then, about 11, HUGE headache, ear-ache, and all sorts of aches on my dear body... Good grief! I really, really feel sooo terrible, I think I'll have to NOT WORK for the rest of the week... How's that for an excuse?

Well, anyways, it seems like I'll be a whiney baby for a few more days, so I should steer clear from my blog... Man, my head really hurts! Do I look as bad as I feel??? (Now, this is only a rethorical question, no answer needed... I DO have mirrors, you know??? All of you believers of the truth out there need not respond!!!)

Comments

Gosh, I hope you feel better! Now you're not having the tequila WITH the ice cream are you? I have never tried that combination. :)
My dad had his own cure. Raw onion and raw potatoe sandwich. ICK! I think I would rather have the flu.
Paula you crack me up!!! I'm sorry I have been behind in my blog reading...and to find you were sick my friend!!! Hope you're doing better now. XO

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High